Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What universities value the ukcat most and which ones value it least?

I have heard that each university uses it differently and wondered which ones give more weight to a high ukcat score in the application.

ReputationRep:
    I think KCL value the UKCAT quite highly. Also Edinburgh and Soton because they don't interview (I think!). I think Soton has a cut off point for applicants. I forget what it is though.

Other people will be able to give you the specifics.

ReputationRep:
    As you probably know Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Birmingham and Bristol don't use the UKCAT.
    Nottingham, I think, values it quite highly, not sure about any others. Newcastle/Leeds/UEA/Sheffield and several others seem to be waiting for statistical correlation between exam results and UKCAT scores before they use it to any great extent.
    Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of freely accessible information on the UKCAT at the moment, which makes it difficult to know exactly what each university expects. Getting above the 'average' score of 600 should at least bode well for your application to any of the UKCAT unis. The UKCAT is also likely to be used as a small part of any medicine application procedure and will be weighted against other things like personal statements, A-Level predictions, reference etc. and most likely be used to select those that the university will interview.
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Hyms!!

ReputationRep:
    SOTON was 1250 Last year but chages acroding to who applys!!

so i hope this year it will be 2130

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2008

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.