The Student Room Group

Lock down activities

What has everyone been doing during lockdown to keep themselves busy? Has anyone picked up a new hobby or project that they have been doing? I'd love to hear what people are doing and maybe get some ideas :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've been learning French
I’ve played guitar for about 5 years now so my New Years resolution this year was to go busking- when lockdown started I did the next best thing and started off a youtube channel for my music! I’m hoping it’ll make me more confident, kind of like a practise round and then I can try busking next year. Alongside that I’ve been doodling, gardening, making smoothies, trying online lectures- just trying everything new that I can from home. What about you?
I have watched about 20 films via my BFI subscription.
Original post by sophiagrego
What has everyone been doing during lockdown to keep themselves busy? Has anyone picked up a new hobby or project that they have been doing? I'd love to hear what people are doing and maybe get some ideas :smile:

I know I'll receive counterblasts for what I am about to write, but it's nobodys business what I do.

I have been keeping myself busy by mostly getting drunk, passing out and suffer the next morning. I also like to write short stories and play games. The lockdown is boring and there is nothing much to do. I live in a house, not a playground.
Original post by Blue Diamond2
I know I'll receive counterblasts for what I am about to write, but it's nobodys business what I do.

I have been keeping myself busy by mostly getting drunk, passing out and suffer the next morning. I also like to write short stories and play games. The lockdown is boring and there is nothing much to do. I live in a house, not a playground.

well whatever passes the time and keeps you sane hahah (and yes, what you do is your business and nobody should judge)
Original post by incompletions
I’ve played guitar for about 5 years now so my New Years resolution this year was to go busking- when lockdown started I did the next best thing and started off a youtube channel for my music! I’m hoping it’ll make me more confident, kind of like a practise round and then I can try busking next year. Alongside that I’ve been doodling, gardening, making smoothies, trying online lectures- just trying everything new that I can from home. What about you?

that seems like fun. I tried to learn the guitar as my mum has one but I gave up pretty fast lol
well whatever passes the time and keeps you sane hahah (and yes, what you do is your business and nobody should judge)

Exactly, but when I tell people this, they just come out with the excuse 'We're only trying to help'. I suppose I should lay off it for a while though, it's not good to frequently drink.
Exactly, but when I tell people this, they just come out with the excuse 'We're only trying to help'. I suppose I should lay off it for a while though, it's not good to frequently drink.

Yes, of course it isn't good. However, we are all in a stressful time period and if that helps you cope and feel better then do that (within reason of course). As long as you are genuinely not harming yourself then you do you :wink:
Yes, of course it isn't good. However, we are all in a stressful time period and if that helps you cope and feel better then do that (within reason of course). As long as you are genuinely not harming yourself then you do you :wink:

If only more people had your attitude, I wouldn't be seen as arrogant all the time. Thank you for your understanding, and not lecturing me.
If only more people had your attitude, I wouldn't be seen as arrogant all the time. Thank you for your understanding, and not lecturing me.

Besides lockdown, what else do you do in your spare time, seeing as we cannot go out anymore?
Besides lockdown, what else do you do in your spare time, seeing as we cannot go out anymore?

Write short stories and play video games. I am keen on learning the guitar, but it could cause a racket.
I mean, if MHoC counts....

but otherwise, just a couple of Minecraft builds and watching Toku.
Gardening, working out and relaxing (including lots of sleep).
Original post by gtty123

yep sounds great
Original post by gtty123

Sleep is good we like sleep
Programming 24/7
Original post by PotatoFruit
Programming 24/7

oo that is cool. do you have a project in mind?
school work 😴
i have done quite a lot of gymnastics but the weather decided to go nope, so not as much frequently 🤸🏻*♀️
i’ve been doing a ridiculous amount of colouring 🖍
disney + marathon too 😁
Original post by ella’s words
school work 😴
i have done quite a lot of gymnastics but the weather decided to go nope, so not as much frequently 🤸🏻*♀️
i’ve been doing a ridiculous amount of colouring 🖍
disney + marathon too 😁

yeah sameee
I have rewatched so many disney movies. I love having the time to be able to do that now. (it is a cool coincidence that Rapunzel was one of the first ones I rewatched and still remains as one of the best disney movies in my opinion- she is your profilepic)

Quick Reply

Latest