Turn on thread page Beta

sorry to do one of these and i know i should go get a pregnancy test.. but just need to say it and get some advice.

firstly im on the pill i take cerazette prescribed by my gynaecologist for heavy periods so i dont have periods and havent for over a year.
    i have sex without a condom with my boyfriend , but again still on the pill
    a couple of times this month i have taken my pill around 10-12 hours late.

i think there could be a chance im pregnant or/im very boated as i have had stomach problems in the past but my stomach feels and looks bigger than normal...my breasts have increased something stupid to 30FF at the moment and im going to get them measured again. dont know what to do : / ive never forgotten to take my pill completely.

ReputationRep:
    Do a test?

ReputationRep:
    10-12 hours is way too late with cerazette. you very well could be pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    Well - if you were pregnant, what would your reaction be?

Definitely take a test. There's no way you can just guess at this sort of thing.

I felt like this, so I did a test and it came out not pregnant. I think the pill can increase your breast size and make you bloated. Which makes me paranoid that I am pregnant all the time!

but... i thought it was like 13 hours that was the limit.. oh god.... i wouldnt want it! i cant decide if im bloated or not i really cant...

ReputationRep:
    I would try not to worry too much until you've taken a test

Cerazette is effective for 36 hours, so has a 12-hour ‘missed pill’ window source http://www.cerazette.co.uk/whyiscerazettedifferent.asp

ReputationRep:
    You need to take a test. Even if it's just to set your mind at ease. Sounds like you could be ok with the 12 hour missed pill window, but no contraception is 100% effective anyway...

Good luck

oh my god i am so scared...

ReputationRep:
    If you're feeling bloated, have sore boobs, feel sick or feel sick eating something you usually love you need to take a test!!!
    Better sooner rather than later!

ReputationRep:
    just take the test, maybe you're worrying for nothing!

It can be pretty scary, but ignoring it won't make it go away, which is hard to hear I know but take a test just to put your mind at ease. Also, if it's only been this month that you've that you've taken pills late, I doubt you'd be showing signs of pregnancy yet!

ReputationRep:
    have you had morning sickness?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much. You either are, or you aren't. Being scared won't help.

I was scared when I thought I was pregnant too though so I do know how you feel.

You've got a good chance of not being pregnant though. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    am i right in thinking cezarette is the pill with only one hormone in it, whichever it is. but providing you definatly took it within 36 hours of the previous one then you should be fine but do the test anyway, itl put your mind at ease. ive gone through this before its not nice. hope it all works out for you

the gynaecologist only put me on cerazette so it would stop me having perods as they hurt so much. therefore i cant tell the normal way if im pregnant , i dont know if its the pill thats making me bloated or if i am supposed to be bloated at the certain time of the month as it could be the time where i am supposed to have my period and dont, and bloating is my body's way of reacting.. hrmph.. : /

ReputationRep:
    I really, really doubt you are pregnant. The protection of Cezarette is reduced after 12 hours but you didn't take it after 12 hours so I wouldn't worry. If you want to put your mind at ease take a test, but they just sound like phantom symptoms to me.

ReputationRep:
    im on the pill and it makes me bloated. and other people i know......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    the gynaecologist only put me on cerazette so it would stop me having perods as they hurt so much. therefore i cant tell the normal way if im pregnant , i dont know if its the pill thats making me bloated or if i am supposed to be bloated at the certain time of the month as it could be the time where i am supposed to have my period and dont, and bloating is my body's way of reacting.. hrmph.. : /

The best thing to do is to take a test first thing tomorrow morning! Best to find out ASAP

ReputationRep:
    I agree with most of the other people that have posted on here really

Even if the chances are that your not, the only way to put your mind at ease is to take a test.

Good luck to you though, scares are rather horrible.
    x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.