Turn on thread page Beta

another pregnant thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a contraceptive implant and so havent had a period for over a year, my boobs have got bigger and i get cramps sometimes but i've taken tests and they've all been negative So i really would try not to worry.
    Contraceptives mess with your homones, the same ones which are messed with by pregnancy.

i never thought that at 17 i would have to take a test and its making me put it off more and more.. i know im being stupid as i should take on the responsibility if im having sex but .. my god a pregnancy test...

ReputationRep:
    Well if you are pregnant, then congratulations If your 17 and getting freaked out by the possibilities, then you shouldnt be having sex period (pardon the pun). People far too often see sex as just a bit of fun, but nature doesn't see it that way, your body doesn't see it that way, just you and your boyfriend. If you are not pregnant, then please consider what I've said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i never thought that at 17 i would have to take a test and its making me put it off more and more.. i know im being stupid as i should take on the responsibility if im having sex but .. my god a pregnancy test...

The more you dwell on it the less you will want to do it! I went through the same thing at 17 and have to say it was scary!
    But you need to do it, fortunately you're not the only 17year old to ever take a test! So there are people who can give you advice!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Wait, so you use condoms AND you're on the pill and you're worried you're pregnant?

It's not likely if you've used both methods. In fact I'd be surprised. TYou could be bloated because you're due on your period, because of the pill, or even because you're not well.

ReputationRep:
    i was on cerazette for 2 years and omg the side affects i had! bloatedness, cramps, tender bobs, bigger boobs, hair on my belly, increased sweating. it is an awful pill i have stopped taking it now and all of it has gone away. i was always worried i was pregnant. im only 17 nearly 18 myself and have done so may pregz tests. cerazette does horrible thinggs to you. you probably wont be pregnent if im honest. aslong as u have taken the pill within 12 hours your protected and if you have missed a pill (not taken it before the 12 hours is up) then u need to take the pill for another 2 days before you are protected again. i wouldnt worry if i was you but just go to your local family planning clinic or whatever and have a free test done just to set you mind at ease.

im starting to think that this pill is messing up my life.
    i get very bloated and it does get confusng between whether you could be pregnant or not. my moods swing so much. one moment i will be so happy about life and the next i will feel nothing is going right and i hate it. ive tried so many different pills i dont want to havr to try another. i guess it must be a strong pill if it can stop you having your periods. im not so sure if i want something like that to be controlling the nature of my body so much anymore.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    sorry to do one of these and i know i should go get a pregnancy test.. but just need to say it and get some advice.

firstly im on the pill i take cerazette prescribed by my gynaecologist for heavy periods so i dont have periods and havent for over a year.
    i have sex without a condom with my boyfriend , but again still on the pill
    a couple of times this month i have taken my pill around 10-12 hours late.

i think there could be a chance im pregnant or/im very boated as i have had stomach problems in the past but my stomach feels and looks bigger than normal...my breasts have increased something stupid to 30FF at the moment and im going to get them measured again. dont know what to do : / ive never forgotten to take my pill completely.
    I've got the implant which I think has similar hormones and I feel the same. Take a test but don't panic as you are most probably just worried about it and once you have the idea in your head it is hard to shake.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.