Help I'm in a bad situation - GCSE - Year 10

Watch
YA9
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What you are gonna witness here is a funny yet serious story. So here goes:
It was 2019 June (year 9) and I had just realised I wasted a whole year of science (set 2, 3 sets all together).Of course our class were notorious for messing around and having many substitutes, but still I feel like I could have done better. End of year exams were around the corner and it was for Biology P1 as it was taught literally for the whole year. I had no clue and had to burn myself out for last minute revision. Even that didn't help out and I started to believe that I would end up in set 4 next year (from year 10 there are 7 sets, set 1 being triple science)( I also aimed for set 2 as I did not want to do triple science). Then it struck me, if I wanted to aim for set 2 next year I had to cheat (look the test was not conducted in a hall just an ordinary classroom). I stuffed my jacket and my bag in a corner next to me (as disguise for the textbook) and I got my other smart friend to sit next to me. No joke it was dead easy to cheat in front of a dumb substitute teacher, but it was later something that I still regret to this day. A week later and we got the results. Guess what? I had the highest result, a high 6 grade. That's when it hit me. I've cheated myself. The next day you see a letter confirming and congratulating your entry to next year's triple science, but of course my Dad was faster to getting the mail than me. He saw this and was proud of me, but what I really wanted to tell him is that I did not want to do triple science, but obviously there was no choice as my dad is ASIAN (get it?). Anyways its June 2020 now and I've passed through physics P1 and chemistry P1 (a huge sacrifice and struggle), then a horrible flashback came through... Our teacher confirmed we were doing Biology P2, not P1 as he said we had already done it in year 9. I looked back and saw that Biology p1 is a **** ton of work. Now I realised that during this lockdown I have to cram stupendous amounts of revision considering we are not covering Biology p1 next year. So in reality I'm screwed in biology as I need to understand p1 to understand p2. And hear this, I was the ONLY set 2 student (from year 9) to go to triple science, the rest are from set 1 (year 9), so obviously they paid attention (as they didn't mess around and had a good teacher) and they are just fine at the moment. As for me I'm stuck in this vicious cycle. So help your boy out and give me some advice, as I would really need it during the pinnacle of my life. Thanks, hope you respond and help me out during this difficult time of my life.
lemon_meringue
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
First and foremost you want to do the work and that is a huge step! I’m happy to help out with anything you need Biology related (I did AQA and got a grade 9) and I’m sure you will be fine. Biology is mostly a great deal of content that needs to be memorised. I would suggest making notes, but very condensed ones and over time try to reduce the space that your notes take up (fit one topic onto one A4 piece of paper). It will become manageable but for now definitely just focus on one small subsection of the spec each day! I can help explain things to you if you have IG/ WhatsApp, feel free to PM me and I’ll do my best to explain topics via voice message!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (160)
14.41%
I'm not sure (49)
4.41%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (329)
29.64%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.97%
I'm not a current university student (539)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed