username1874749
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Basically I am at university doing Spanish and social policy. However I have realised that I want to pursue a career in secondary teaching ( preferably Spanish and modern studies dual qualifying) . Does anyone know if this is possible ? Also, does anyone know if universities let you take extra credits e.g credits in politics so I have enough to gain entry to Modern Studies PGDE .
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ciaranbyrne_)
Basically I am at university doing Spanish and social policy. However I have realised that I want to pursue a career in secondary teaching ( preferably Spanish and modern studies dual qualifying) . Does anyone know if this is possible ? Also, does anyone know if universities let you take extra credits e.g credits in politics so I have enough to gain entry to Modern Studies PGDE .
In England at least, you can teach subjects you haven't done an ITT qualification in. You would need to talk to providers in Scotland, but if unis don't offer the dual PGDE you are after, you may still be able to get a job teaching both subjects.

Again, do talk to training providers, but usually 50% of your degree being in a relevant subject is enough to qualify you for a PGDE.

If you're ever interested in working outside of Scotland, I think Spanish would give you more options than Modern Studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15.11%
I'm not sure (14)
3.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (141)
33.81%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.44%
I'm not a current university student (193)
46.28%

Watched Threads