E-Flintoff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
PLEASSEE help! i want to do my epq on shakespeare and mental health. It's going to be in the form of a dissertation and needs debate. Something like 'does shakespeare tell us anything about mental health today'?
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What exactly are you asking help for, I am a bit confused
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you were to use specific examples, i would reccomend King Lear or Hamlet. Or you could look at it in terms of analysis of characters
Corps
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by E-Flintoff)
PLEASSEE help! i want to do my epq on shakespeare and mental health. It's going to be in the form of a dissertation and needs debate. Something like 'does shakespeare tell us anything about mental health today'?
There’s a lot of example of people ‘losing their minds’ in Shakespeare’s works, maybe try looking up articles or journals on Shakespeare and madness to begin with?
E-Flintoff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bookworm_88)
What exactly are you asking help for, I am a bit confused
Ah yes I haven't made it very clear Basically I want to write a dissertation for my EPQ and I want the theme to be Shakespeare and mental health. However I need to come up with my own question and I'm really struggling to. It obviously needs to be wide enough for debate but also not too wide that it will be overwhelming. So I was just wondering if anyone has any good questions that centre around Shakespeare and mental health?? Once I have come up with the question it'll be all systems go but the tricky bit is finding the right question !
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How d

Ah yes I haven't made it very clear Basically I want to write a dissertation for my EPQ and I want the theme to be Shakespeare and mental health. However I need to come up with my own question and I'm really struggling to. It obviously needs to be wide enough for debate but also not too wide that it will be overwhelming. So I was just wondering if anyone has any good questions that centre around Shakespeare and mental health?? Once I have come up with the question it'll be all systems go but the tricky bit is finding the right question !
Perhaps, 'How does shakespeare present mental health/explore (the theme of) mental health in.... (play/specific scenes/ character)

Thats how i would look at (almost as a typical gcse style question)

It allows you to debate and explore, without being too much

Hope that helps
E-Flintoff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bookworm_88)
How d

Perhaps, 'How does shakespeare present mental health/explore (the theme of) mental health in.... (play/specific scenes/ character)

Thats how i would look at (almost as a typical gcse style question)

It allows you to debate and explore, without being too much

Hope that helps
Yeah thats really helpful thank you. However for my epq do you reckon the question needs to have a bit more element of debate ? Like do you think it needs to be in the form of a question?
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah thats really helpful thank you. However for my epq do you reckon the question needs to have a bit more element of debate ? Like do you think it needs to be in the form of a question?
Could you please clarify, I'm not sure I understand
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Could i also direct you to the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6535458&page=3

It is a voluntary, online mentorship scheme to help year 9/10s with GCSE work/ revision during this lockdown. If your in year 11 or higher i.e. a level, we can apply to become a mentor. This involves one to one email between you and your mentee about sunjects you are happy to help with.

Pros as a yr 9/10:
Help lessen the burden during this time
Also helps if you feel behind/ dont understand content/ struggle with homelearning
Pros as yr 11 or higher:
Keeps your mind active
Great for personal statement/ interviews

Please spread the word.

Sorry this isnt related to your thread, i was just being a bit cheeky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (34)
16.35%
I'm not sure (8)
3.85%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (73)
35.1%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.44%
I'm not a current university student (90)
43.27%

Watched Threads