Need help, I'm done for

Watch
Paper2_Paper3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Well I hope someone reads this, I don't use this website and just came here as I really don't know where else to go. Long story short, I've done ZERO work since quarantine started so im about 3 months behind? It might be easy to say that I can catch up during the summer but I was already struggling before that so looking through my emails just makes me feel sick. My teachers were concerned at first but they're no longer contacting me (not that id want them to anyway) So im kind of just existing at this point, I've applied to part time jobs but no luck yet. Starting to feel like everyday is the same, with no structure, meaning or value in my life. My parents are aware of the situation but theyre not forcing me to do work although they do keep telling me to. In conclusion: I have over 3 months of work and emails that have not been looked at or touched and are piling up each week, I've done next to nothing during quarantine except for slacking off and meeting friends a few times, struggling mentally as I really don't see the point in anything anymore so I guess this is a cry for help :/ PS I am aware that this is my fault, I am the one to blame but everything is spiralling out of control, I am certain that I will fail my a levels (that's if I don't get kicked out next year) and due to family reasons retaking a year isn't an option. Anyone else in this situation or any advice? Cheers

imconfused______
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
which year are you in? tbh no one can help you except yourself so it's best for you to start doing all the work you've missed slowly even if you don't send in the work. contact your teachers if you want to explain yourself and show that you're willing to catch up. just focus hard on everything and having a routine.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Paper2_Paper3)
Well I hope someone reads this, I don't use this website and just came here as I really don't know where else to go. Long story short, I've done ZERO work since quarantine started so im about 3 months behind? It might be easy to say that I can catch up during the summer but I was already struggling before that so looking through my emails just makes me feel sick. My teachers were concerned at first but they're no longer contacting me (not that id want them to anyway) So im kind of just existing at this point, I've applied to part time jobs but no luck yet. Starting to feel like everyday is the same, with no structure, meaning or value in my life. My parents are aware of the situation but theyre not forcing me to do work although they do keep telling me to. In conclusion: I have over 3 months of work and emails that have not been looked at or touched and are piling up each week, I've done next to nothing during quarantine except for slacking off and meeting friends a few times, struggling mentally as I really don't see the point in anything anymore so I guess this is a cry for help :/ PS I am aware that this is my fault, I am the one to blame but everything is spiralling out of control, I am certain that I will fail my a levels (that's if I don't get kicked out next year) and due to family reasons retaking a year isn't an option. Anyone else in this situation or any advice? Cheers
Hi there Paper2_Paper3

Firstly contact your teachers and explain your situation. They will be able to advise you further and you can make a plan to go forwards. As imconfused______ says you need to start doing the work, however slowly. Get yourself into a routine to do it. You can then show your teachers you have started, but you need to talk to them for advice.

Fi :horse:
iXeri
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can do it man! Its never too late!
schildkroten
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi there Paper2_Paper3

Firstly contact your teachers and explain your situation. They will be able to advise you further and you can make a plan to go forwards. As imconfused______ says you need to start doing the work, however slowly. Get yourself into a routine to do it. You can then show your teachers you have started, but you need to talk to them for advice.

Fi :horse:
I agree, these next few years are the most important years of our life, you should ask your teachers for guidance and just try to seek motivation in doing your work again. Just try to keep a positive mindset
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Make sure you don't get too overwhelmed. Definitely break down everything into smaller parts and just do a reasonable amount each day, don't worry about all you have to do, think about what each day you are going to do and do that, and give yourself a reward of relaxing or something for doing it.

Probably tell your teachers too. They'll be a bit narky probably but afterwards they will help you and try and advise you
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by schildkroten)
I agree, these next few years are the most important years of our life, you should ask your teachers for guidance and just try to seek motivation in doing your work again. Just try to keep a positive mindset
Fab advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads