mattshirts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Need some clarification as a few different sources have different answers.

I am looking to study a Masters in Global Finance starting in May 2021.

I am a British citizen with my permanent family home in England.

However, I have been temporarily working/living in Australia for the past few years on a visa.

I have previously had a loan from SLC for my undergrad.

I will be back in the U.K. by January 1st 2021. Now, it seems to state around here that you need to have been living in the U.K. for 3 years prior.

However on UCAS website in the post grad Loan section, it simply says you need to be a British citizen OR have lived in the U.K. for 3 years - https://www.ucas.com/postgraduate/fe...ns#eligibility

If I cannot get the loan then it would rule out my chances of affording a Masters which is a shame.

As my permanent home is in the U.K. and I will be there at the start of the study period, will that be okay?

Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Matt
Last edited by mattshirts; 1 year ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you prove that your time outside England was temporary?
If so then your ordinary residency stayed England even while you were travelling.
mattshirts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
Can you prove that your time outside England was temporary?
If so then your ordinary residency stayed England even while you were travelling.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes each visa I have held in Australia clearly states ‘temporary resident’ with none of them having any pathway to permanent residency.

Should I just make the application through Student Finance and see what comes back?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mattshirts)
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes each visa I have held in Australia clearly states ‘temporary resident’ with none of them having any pathway to permanent residency.

Should I just make the application through Student Finance and see what comes back?
Hi, you should apply and our residency team will contact you with what we require.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.99%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.36%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.37%
I'm really nervous (59)
20.27%

Watched Threads