The Student Room Group

Have been accused of cheating in my AS Exam

Hi,

I have been accused by my teacher of cheating in my exam and copying the answers from the internet.

I do nt know know what to do now.

Please help.

These grades count towards my UCAS Application.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anisha23456789
Hi,

I have been accused by my teacher of cheating in my exam and copying the answers from the internet.

Please help.

This was an open book exam?
Clearly the teacher gets their suspicion from somewhere?
Have you taken information from the internet and included it in your answers without referencing it?

You dont say whether you have or have not.

If you have not then you defend it by saying so, showing them your research and drafts. They will then say where they believe you got the information from. Its quite rare for A level or AS students to be accused of cheating unless its very obvious.
Hi,

Please help.

Well, did you?
Reply 3
I take it that this is just a mock exam and not an actual AS exam. Provide what evidence you can that you didn't. Your mock result will only be part of what is used to decide your predicted grade. Work hard on everything else.
I didnt cheat. Ok,I may have altered 1 or two questions on my exam lined paper before submitting my work for Physics.

But surely,the person who achieved 69% on parts a and b, surey they also altered few of their answers for part b to get to an A grade boundary.
Ik really worried as this physics teacher clearly doesnt like me and has awarded me a Physics Grade based on Class Milestones and Class Work as C.
Reply 6
Ik really worried as this physics teacher clearly doesnt like me and has awarded me a Physics Grade based on Class Milestones and Class Work as C.

tell her to let you re do it
I believe I would jot be able to achieve an A/A star grade for Uni for my UCAS Application.

My dreams and aspirations and fulfilling them to study an Engineering Degree at Oxford/Bath/Bristol/Warwick/Surrey has absolutely been shattered.
I have also throughout the year achieved 2 C's in Maths and Chemistry due to my Class Assessment Term Milestones.
I dont know what to do and I feel I should give up.
I have also been awarded a grade D for my Chemistry AS Year 12 Mock Exam as I achieved 35/78.
Please advise me please.
I want to give up I feel.. .something is wrong in me in everything...I feel I shouldnt continue A Levels anymore as this tine next year I will end up getting lower grades and end with 3 D 's or 3 E's.
Reply 13
I want to give up I feel.. .something is wrong in me in everything...I feel I shouldnt continue A Levels anymore as this tine next year I will end up getting lower grades and end with 3 D 's or 3 E's.

No don’t give up try really hard in year 13 x
I believe I would jot be able to achieve an A/A star grade for Uni for my UCAS Application.

My dreams and aspirations and fulfilling them to study an Engineering Degree at Oxford/Bath/Bristol/Warwick/Surrey has absolutely been shattered.

you still got the whole of the summer holidays and year 13 to work for the a/a* in the real a level exams.
ik its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but trust me you can do it.
I just have no idea now....I have acheive A in my Maths, C for my Chemistry and Im waiting for Physics now. I have been asked and requested to do my Part B of my exam in front of my Head of Sixth Form.
All the teachers have said that they will be writing our UCAS reference in few weeks time.
I am just a bit worried as I have been scoring B and C s for Chemistry Milestone and Class Assessments. Now that I have achieved a C in my Online Exam for my exam, I am now worried.
To study my Engineering Undergrad Degree at Oxford/Bath/Bristol/Surrey/Warwick,the universities require an A for Chemistry.
My Chemistdy teacher has stated that when everything gets back to normal in September,especially before UCAS Applications are sent off for October applications entry,there will be a milestone again and I may wish to ask the Chemistry Head of Department for special request to sit another exams on top of all the Milestones.

Quick Reply

Latest