Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATULATIONS everyone that had their results as it is gcse results day today i thought i would post this thread i'm about to start my second year on the BTEC National Diploma Child Care Learning and Development(ND CCLD) if anyone has applied for the first year in september or wants more info just ask

i've also done the CACHE level 2 so ay be able to help with that

:P

-x-

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of doing a national BTEC diploma in childcare.

But I would want to do it out of school hours. Do you know when I can do this? I am still doing my GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this is like my ideal thread!

I was accepted to do the ND CCLD about two days ago at a college, and was just wondering what the placements would be like. I know that you usually do about 4 placements overall (?) and i would just like to know what i would do really.

What will the different placements be in? Like in a nursery or school etc? What kind of things will i be expected to do?

So just general info about the placements really.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diafolgwyllt)
    CONGRATULATIONS everyone that had their results as it is gcse results day today i thought i would post this thread i'm about to start my second year on the BTEC National Diploma Child Care Learning and Development(ND CCLD) if anyone has applied for the first year in september or wants more info just ask

i've also done the CACHE level 2 so ay be able to help with that

:P

-x-
    Also would i be assessed on the actual placements?

ReputationRep:
    sorry its taken so long to reply, well done for getting acceted onto the course, what college you in?
    if it the same as mine you go on 2 school placements and 2 nursery placements
    in each placement you will get 2 tasks to do every week your there
    the tasks consist of 5 routines, 5 activities, 5 observations, 2 policies and an evaluation. It may souns a lot but they're quite short and fairly easy.

Yes you will get assessed on placement your personal tutor or your placement officer will come and visit you in placement and just ask you general questions like what sort of things you have done e.g. displays, painting with the children, playing a money handling game etc. Your tutor will also observe you for about 30mins it sounds long but it goes so quickly, my advice would be to just act as if they're not even there and go with the flow. Anything else let me know.

-x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    I am thinking of doing a national BTEC diploma in childcare.

But I would want to do it out of school hours. Do you know when I can do this? I am still doing my GCSE's.

Sorry for taking so long to reply you can do a course in the evenings at some colleges, but i think there is a charge if your not studying full time in the college, your college may be different. Sorry not sure how old you have to be hoe that helps a bit. Anything else let me know.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.