The Student Room Group

withdrawing and finance

HiSo, I've withdrawn from my studies and will be commencing back next year to complete the first year (I am picking up where I left off). I'm trying to understand how my finance will be impacted with this and how I will be paid as I will be enrolling in March which is between the 2 terms of finance payments (January and April). If anyone has any information I would appreciate it. I understand they recalculate it but so far my new entitlement still says it will start in September which is not the case for me. Just wondering if anyone who has also interrupted studies and has started half way through the next academic year has any answersThank you
Defo send this to ask student finance England thread for a proper response. Used to work there and I'm sure this would be a headache to get wrong in terms of the correct form you need to do for 20/21. It sounds like you're suspending, then finishing what you would need to have done, same time next year?
Make sure uni has confirmed you have suspended (should show as your course status on your online account) or check with the university's finance department if it's not. I think* if you've already applied as a returning student, you'll either need to do a change of circumstances form or reapply on a paper return student form (PR1) to specify the exact date you're going to be attending.
While you're suspended, chances are part of this year's payment will have been overpaid to you- they deduct this from your next payments (but you can send in evidence to try to delay this happening until the end of your course).
I assume they would set your first payment to the specific date you start again, but also clarify this with the other thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending