Medicine: New Vision University, Georgia 2020/21

Watch
_debt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi guys, I have submitted my application to NVU for 2021 through SME and will hopefully study Medicine for 5 years. Is there anyone else who is applying? Does anyone know how many of the first year intakes actually successfully graduated? How it like studying at NVU? Do you think I should also apply to unis here in the UK? Any info would be profoundly valued!
Many thanks in advance!!
Last edited by _debt; 3 weeks ago
elenanoel12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by _debt)
Hi guys, I have submitted my application to NVU for 2021 through SME and will hopefully study Medicine for 5 years. Is there anyone else who is applying here? Does anyone know how many of the first year intakes actually graduate? How it like studying at NVU? Do you think I should also apply to unis here in the UK? Any input would be highly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance!!
Hallo ! My name is Elena and I am studying at NVU. I have to say that the university is really good . At the beginning I was afraid but the professors are so good and they give you motivation to go on and not quit medicine and as we all know our profession its tough. Also I love the life in Georgia , amazing food and amazing people !!! The first graduation will be this year as the university is new ! If you want my opinion you can try at NVU than to stay in UK .. SME also support the students a lot, so don't worry if you will contact with them you will feel secure.
Jess9700
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Watch out for agencies such SME

They will say anything to take your money.
Last edited by BlinkyBill; 7 months ago
Sjjen3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by _debt)
Hi guys, I have submitted my application to NVU for 2021 through SME and will hopefully study Medicine for 5 years. Is there anyone else who is applying here? Does anyone know how many of the first year intakes actually graduate? How it like studying at NVU? Do you think I should also apply to unis here in the UK? Any input would be highly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance!!
Hi, I started in May this year. Catching up with the March cohort 😃
All online so far due to Covid and unsure when this will change at the moment.
_debt
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Sjjen3)
Thanks for the reply! Are you an undergraduate from the UK?
Sjjen3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by _debt)
Thanks for the reply! Are you an undergraduate from the UK?
Hi, I’m graduate entry from the UK. Studying a four year course.
ArtieGEM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jess9700)
Watch out for agencies such SME

They will say anything to take your money. A lot of them have fake accounts on here saying "oh my mate has been studying at ..... and is having a great time"
hi jess, can i ask what's happened with you to be concerned with SME? i was thinking to apply but interested to hear your feedback. many thanks for your time
artie
_debt
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Great! Have there been any medicine graduation ceremonies from NVU so far?
TheMightyKind
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by _debt)
Many thanks in advance!!
Hi, I have taken the graduate entry route in Medicine NVU and it is really good. Amazing place, mountains and lovely sites and the food is lovely too. Hope you enjoy your time here when you arrive.
If you have a chance to apply to unis in UK, go for it. But if, before then your studies in Georgia will start, I would say not to bother. Don't waste anymore years. Time is precious.
RAMAHONY1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by elenanoel12)
Hallo ! My name is Elena and I am studying at NVU. I have to say that the university is really good . At the beginning I was afraid but the professors are so good and they give you motivation to go on and not quit medicine and as we all know our profession its tough. Also I love the life in Georgia , amazing food and amazing people !!! The first graduation will be this year as the university is new ! If you want my opinion you can try at NVU than to stay in UK .. SME also support the students a lot, so don't worry if you will contact with them you will feel secure.
Do you know anything about clinical placements in the uk ?
RAMAHONY1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi how are you finding it please?
R442
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by _debt)
Many thanks in advance!!
Hi can I pm u, I'm planning to do GEM there as well, wat undergrad do u have
_debt
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RAMAHONY1)
Do you know anything about clinical placements in the uk ?
Clinical placements have started this year for NVU students in their final few years. From what I know its based in hospitals in London, and is pretty expensive (easily £5k-£7k for 6 months) - price depends on hospital too.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
I’d recommend you check out Armenia instead because

(Original post by R442)
Hi can I pm u, I'm planning to do GEM there as well, wat undergrad do u have
Be careful with Georgia, some of their qualifications are not accepted by gmc! You don’t want to spend 4/6 years only to end up not being able to practice in UK
https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-...-we-may-accept
tdk17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’d recommend you check out Armenia instead because

Be careful with Georgia, some of their qualifications are not accepted by gmc! You don’t want to spend 4/6 years only to end up not being able to practice in UK
https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-...-we-may-accept
I read that it is part of the list that says "we may accept" meaning if you meet all the requirements such as doing all the hours of studying and rotations then you will be enrolled. However i understand that it is risky as you may not be able to practice in the U.K. Not sure if it is worth the risk
tdk17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I am currently in my second year of biochemistry in the U.K and I am looking to apply for graduate entry medicine. I will apply for places in the U.K but I have looked at NVU as a backup just in case, as you can apparently study from the U.K which would be great for me as I live here with my family. Is anyone currently studying at NVU from the U.K?

Many thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (143)
41.94%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (52)
15.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (139)
40.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (7)
2.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed