Can you reject a firmed choice on results day?

Watch
TheGloriousGeek
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Currently I have to respond to my offers within the next 2 days and I'm still not 100% if I want to take gap year or not. If I firm an offer but do not have an insurance, on results day would I be able to reject my place if I do get the grades?
I'm just worried that I'd end up stuck going to university this year if I change my mind.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes you can. There will be a big red button for it
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by TheGloriousGeek)
Currently I have to respond to my offers within the next 2 days and I'm still not 100% if I want to take gap year or not. If I firm an offer but do not have an insurance, on results day would I be able to reject my place if I do get the grades?
I'm just worried that I'd end up stuck going to university this year if I change my mind.
Yes, I believe you could accept your firm choice offer on results day it you get the right grades, and then reject is soon after if you change your mind. But it's probably worth deciding now whether you want to go or not (whether this year will provide you with the right uni experience you want). I'm also confused as to why you don't have an insurance choice uni, unless you were speaking hypothetically. You won't end up stuck going to uni if you don't want to, but it's worth having a decision in mind about whether you'd want to start this year or defer.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes you can accept it for now and decide later on if you want to take a gap year. There is no problem in declining your offer even on results day or after
TheGloriousGeek
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yes you can accept it for now and decide later on if you want to take a gap year. There is no problem in declining your offer even on results day or after
Thank you for the response Would you know if it's hard to get out of on results day or is it a simple process?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you for the response Would you know if it's hard to get out of on results day or is it a simple process?
It's a simple process, you can release yourself by using a ‘decline your place’ button that appears on Track once the uni makes your offer unconditional.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads