The Student Room Group

Will I be able to graduate?

I'm a BA (Hons) student in my final year and I'm not sure if I'm gonna get my degree. I've failed one of my classes and I'm pretty sure I'll pass with compensation, but the amount of credits I get may be docked. At this point I'm not sure. Is it possible that I can get my degree without the honours?
Original post by Nickyferdenzi
I'm a BA (Hons) student in my final year and I'm not sure if I'm gonna get my degree. I've failed one of my classes and I'm pretty sure I'll pass with compensation, but the amount of credits I get may be docked. At this point I'm not sure. Is it possible that I can get my degree without the honours?

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that you are concerned about the current situation that you are in.

I would advise reading the following article that may help you with the information you need from UCAS, look into 'honours' and 'ordinary degree' - https://www.ucas.com/ucas-terms-explained#:~:text=Ordinary%20degree%20%E2%80%93%20generally%20a%20degree,required%20to%20gain%20'honours'.

Additionally, I would speak to your personal tutor or student support and see what they can advise on the matter.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending