The Student Room Group

Nursing Interview

I have my zoom interview tomorrow with Solent University, and I’m so nervous. I was wondering if anyone has had their interview and what sort of questions do they ask.
Reply 1
Hi,
I've had five nursing interviews over the last three months.
Generally they ask why you want to become a nurse, any issues you think you'd face as a nurse, what you would expect to do in placements, the greatest skill as a nurse, how you would handle stress (E.g. situations aren't always positive such as the death of a child) and what you find rewarding in this carer. I was asked what I would do in a scenario where another student nurse didn't get to placement on time due to having a busy social life and they got in trouble with a doctor/their supervisor. Try to include the 5 NHS values in your answers somehow as interviewer like to see your knowledge and research done. You should also try to ask them questions at the end of the interview as this makes you look positive and eager to study this course.
I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by bhacs
Hi,
I've had five nursing interviews over the last three months.
Generally they ask why you want to become a nurse, any issues you think you'd face as a nurse, what you would expect to do in placements, the greatest skill as a nurse, how you would handle stress (E.g. situations aren't always positive such as the death of a child) and what you find rewarding in this carer. I was asked what I would do in a scenario where another student nurse didn't get to placement on time due to having a busy social life and they got in trouble with a doctor/their supervisor. Try to include the 5 NHS values in your answers somehow as interviewer like to see your knowledge and research done. You should also try to ask them questions at the end of the interview as this makes you look positive and eager to study this course.
I hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much, this helps a lot. Fingers crossed I get through
Good luck ..believe in yourself
Reply 4
Original post by Adultnursing202
Good luck ..believe in yourself

Thank you so much I got the place 😊 I’m so excited
Original post by brigette_m

Awww yey! Fabulous ..which uni is it with? Well done and congratulations
Reply 6
Original post by Adultnursing202
Awww yey! Fabulous ..which uni is it with? Well done and congratulations

Thank you so much it’s with Solent University
Reply 7
Original post by brigette_m

Hey, I have an interview tomorrow for nursing at solent. do you have any tips and main questions they asked?
Hi,Can you please share the questions which you had in your interview
One my students have faced is "Can you tell us about one long standing issue in Nursing / Midwifery?" My students have typically responded with an under representation of men in the sector

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassdor
Thankyou for the reply .....if would be great if you can share few more questions
Original post by prinshapraveen
Thankyou for the reply .....if would be great if you can share few more questions

Describe a typical day at home
Tell me all about yourself
Outline your skills and qualities etc
Give me a short summary of the nursing sector
Explain how you would react type questions
Convince me why you would fit in here
Sell me a television or car
Write me a article on medicine

Advice
Provide examples
Make notes
Be honest
Hi,Can you please share the questions which you had in your interview

Hi
Well done for interview so far.

Nursing University Interview Questions that maybe asked ......
Why do you want to be a nurse......
Why adult nursing than maybe children/mental health or midwifery......
What experience do you have of nursing as a career if any ......
The NMC code of practice......
The 6 C's of nursing.....
How would you cope with stress while working....
How would you handle a irate patient or relative.....
How would you cope with a bereavement while on shift and especially if you attended to that particular patient.......
What do you think is a typical day for a nurse.....
What do you think will be most challenging about this course......
What is the hardest part about being a nurse in the UK today..........
Good communications is key for nursing......

Issues affecting nursing at current situation - less staff due to covid19
Land standing problems includes not having enough staff to help relieve pressures on current staff and maybe try to get more boys/men to take up nursing as still not enough coming through.

A dual registered adult nurse & midwife.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending