Turn on thread page Beta

Work to acheivement ratio? watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How much work have you lot done to deserve your grades?
    Personally, I didnt do much and I messed about, nearly got expelled a few times. I don't deserve my grades. how about you lot? busted your butt getting your grades or just lucky or clever or what?

ReputationRep:
    luck
    i know much better people than me who work harder who just dont get the grades
    its not fair on them

ReputationRep:
    My work to achievement ratio is:
    1:3.14159

This clearly shows a tendency to work more in maths

Seriously though, it varied a lot between subjects!

ReputationRep:
    I have the best work to achievement ration on tsr, fact

ReputationRep:
    On chemistry, I spent all of Y11 mucking around (along with the rest of the class tbh), did about 5 days of light revision from a CGP book and came out with an A. I didn't deserve that, but then again I spent more time out of class on my art than I did in class, and I came out with a B

ReputationRep:
    I was regarded as the one in my family least likely to do well, and I'm the only one out of 3 to get into uni first time. Although the other 2 did do well except for missing out on a subject they needed

ReputationRep:
    I did a fair amount of "work" in class. Well just listening really. But when at home, i really found it hard to concentrate on coursework and homeworks, and revision I found really hard to concentrate. I'd say for about every exam i did about one hour (intensive) revision, sometimes less. Therefore, I'm really happy with my "work : acheivement ratio", though know a repeat will not be sufficent enough to get through my A-levels with the grades i want, AAAA

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Exams are too easy.

6:4

ReputationRep:
    1:1. What I put in is what I get out. If I am a weekend player, I get weekend results. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think I was a 1:3 until I got to uni. Now I'm a 1:1. Did that make sense?

ReputationRep:
    In AS business i revised like a wild horse and spent all my half terms doing coursework. I got an E, i wouldn't mind but i never revise and the one time that i actually tried hard = FAIL, what did i do wrong?!

ReputationRep:
    I never think I've done enough work, but then I get pretty super good results. Which is cool. :]

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.