Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

New to The Student Room

I'm going to Sheffield Hallam in 2008, studying Law LLB

I'm in the lucky situtation that i'm taking my car to uni,

does anyone know of car parking IN or NEAR the uni?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you're based at Collegiate Crescent, there's ample parking ~ the same said for all sites.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, that's good - is there alot of spaces or just a few for students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nervo1234)
    Oh right, that's good - is there alot of spaces or just a few for students?
    Most of the sites have been recently upgraded and have extended car parking. I'd make enquiries about getting a permit as there will be a Parking~Permit Scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, would you need to pay for a permit or not? I'll contact SHU later on today!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh that's great news, I thought there would be no parking at all. I'll be at collegiate too yay!

ReputationRep:
    Be careful when parking around Collegiate Crescent. You can only park on a street for 4 hours then you have to move to another or you will get a ticket!! If you can get a permit then its probably the best idea as there are a few permit holder only parking spaces. It can be an absolute nightmare to park around there in the afternoon so if youre not far away its better to walk or jump on the bus, its 50p from city centre up to Collegiate I have to drive in and deal with the mad parking situation as i live over 25 miles away

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.