The Student Room Group

Could it work between a tall girl and a short guy?

Or would it look like they were holding hands with a child? As I like this guy, but he is shorter than me by about four or five inches. He is nice and confident and he has plenty of friends and everyone wants to know him. He treats everyone including me nice. How could I let him know I like him without it being weird?
Original post by American Gal
Or would it look like they were holding hands with a child? As I like this guy, but he is shorter than me by about four or five inches. He is nice and confident and he has plenty of friends and everyone wants to know him. He treats everyone including me nice. How could I let him know I like him without it being weird?

To be frank, if you're taller than him by 4/5 inches, you'll be judged harshly by other people

But it shouldn't be wrong.

If you like him, just say "hey, I like you!"

As a guy, I'm sure he'd appreciate that approach haha
Original post by Buttmuffin
To be frank, if you're taller than him by 4/5 inches, you'll be judged harshly by other people

But it shouldn't be wrong.

If you like him, just say "hey, I like you!"

As a guy, I'm sure he'd appreciate that approach haha

Some people say it's not about what others think, but sometimes I think it is. Someone's negative remarks could ruin relationships, so they should keep their nasty opinions to themselves or behind closed doors.

Thank you for your help though.
Does it matter if u both like each other?
My point is physical appearances don’t mean a thing in a relationship of love!!
Reply 5
If they like each other, yeah. It can work out :yy:
i wouldnt date soemone A LOT shorter than me but a few inches its fine
Original post by rxyaltyx
i wouldnt date soemone A LOT shorter than me but a few inches its fine

How many is a few? Like would you consider dating a guy who is 4'10?
How many is a few? Like would you consider dating a guy who is 4'10?

im gonna be honest, i dont know anyone my age that is 4'10 (no offence to anyone) but if i reallllyyyyyy liked him then yh
Reply 9
I don’t see why not 🙃
How old are you? He may grow taller.
im gonna be honest, i dont know anyone my age that is 4'10 (no offence to anyone) but if i reallllyyyyyy liked him then yh

Even though you said you wouldn't date someone way shorter than you? You give such mixed signals.
Original post by leopard202
How old are you? He may grow taller.

I'm 18, he's 21. So I don't think he'll grow any taller than 5'6.
Even though you said you wouldn't date someone way shorter than you? You give such mixed signals.

hmmm yeah im giving myself mixed signals. ig i don't really know since i haven't been in that situation
hmmm yeah im giving myself mixed signals. ig i don't really know since i haven't been in that situation

Ah right, well good luck if you're ever in my shoes.
Ah right, well good luck if you're ever in my shoes.

good luck to you
Aren't Peter Dinklage and Warwick Davies married to people around twice their height? Of course it can work, if you are not the sort of person who lets what other people might be thinking about something that doesn't concern them get to you too much.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Aren't Peter Dinklage and Warwick Davies married to people around twice their height? Of course it can work, if you are not the sort of person who lets what other people might be thinking about something that doesn't concern them get to you too much.

The guy I like though is way taller than them. He is 5'6.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending