Matthewmcc25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had severe symptoms of coronavirus and was in ICU for 2 and a half weeks, this was all before the lockdown.
Since recovering i have recieved a backlog of work that will take me at least a month to get back to where i was with my courses. Do you think there should be more support for people who have fallen behind due to coronavirus?
CletusPotter
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Matthewmcc25)
I had severe symptoms of coronavirus and was in ICU for 2 and a half weeks, this was all before the lockdown.
Since recovering i have recieved a backlog of work that will take me at least a month to get back to where i was with my courses. Do you think there should be more support for people who have fallen behind due to coronavirus?
That is really unfortunate. I have had an almost identical problem myself with Crohn's Disease way back in High School. I did manage to just about get 9.5 GCSEs (with 8 of those A-C), but I could have done better had they been more supportive.
Last edited by CletusPotter; 1 month ago
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:hugs:I hope your feeling better.

Hopefully you can use the holidays to catch up with it if your well enough.
It's likely that next year the format for GCSE and A-Level exams will be different, they may test less content than normal.
Serious illnesses are considered extenuating circumstances by uni, so they may take it into consideration when considering your application/ making an offer.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
Matthewmcc25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by glassalice)
:hugs:I hope your feeling better.

Hopefully you can use the holidays to catch up with it if your well enough.
It's likely that next year the format for GCSE and A-Level exams will be different, they may test less content than normal.
Serious illnesses are considered extenuating circumstances by uni, so they may take it into consideration when considering your application/ making an offer.
My school in Scotland does a two year course where you do no exams untill your 5th year of high school or for you guys year 11, so im in a bad spot. My exams were supposed to be a month ago and i was putting everything on getting good grades then leaving but that dosent seem to be the plan anymore so im basically stuck in limbo. This is such an enjoyable time
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sorry to hear you were so unwell.

If you are feeling overwhelmed with the work you've been given, do email your teachers- maybe start with your form tutor if they are nice? They should be able to help you come up with a plan to tackle everything and put in extra support if you need it.
saintsophia124
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sorry.
Tutoring would hopefully get you back... do you like the subject though?
After all the sensations in life, the experiences, sorry I had to say it. #youBelong
In my experience tutoring helps... but practice makes perfect. Get some practice tests. It's a lot of fun!
Remember you belong
Last edited by saintsophia124; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads