The Student Room Group

Christmas cancelled this year

With the lockdown still in place, Christmas will be cancelled. Imagine waking up on 25th December and not opening any presents, having a roast dinner, no decorations and no lively atmosphere. No Christmas music, even though I will still play Fairytale of New York and no Christmas films, such as Home Alone.

What are your thoughts?

20200616_143127.jpg
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
~Casually glances at the hospital where people are dying alone from Covid~

Yeah I think weve got it pretty good tbh.
Reply 2
It's fine, my family will just have to have two turkeys on 25/12/21 to make up for it.
Reply 3
Original post by American Gal
With the lockdown still in place, Christmas will be cancelled. Imagine waking up on 25th December and not opening any presents, having a roast dinner, no decorations and no lively atmosphere. No Christmas music, even though I will still play Fairytale of New York and no Christmas films, such as Home Alone.

What are your thoughts?

Christmas music can still be played, food can still be purchased, some people can buy presents online, people can still be happy because dopamine and serotonin are not gonna stop being produced just because you're stuck at home.

I doubt we'll even be stuck at home but we'll see
Original post by macy_m
Christmas music can still be played, food can still be purchased, some people can buy presents online, people can still be happy because dopamine and serotonin are not gonna stop being produced just because you're stuck at home.

I doubt we'll even be stuck at home but we'll see

No, apparently online shops will close until mid January. Meat can't be purchased, nor can presents. It'll be illegal to play films and music on the festive season. So, Santa won't be putting in an appearance.
Reply 5
No, apparently online shops will close until mid January. Meat can't be purchased, nor can presents. It'll be illegal to play films and music on the festive season. So, Santa won't be putting in an appearance.

what kinda news do you watch?

Spoiler

Original post by macy_m
what kinda news do you watch?

Spoiler

Lapland News, it is filmed in the North Pole.
Reply 7
Lapland News, it is filmed in the North Pole.

If your going to troll, at least be sneaky about it :colonhash:
Reply 8
Original post by LovelyMrFox

:laugh:
Oliver Cromwell approves.

cromwellhead1.jpg

Who said I was :troll: ❓How do you know there isn't a members only news production of Lapland News❓❗
Reply 11
Who said I was :troll: ❓How do you know there isn't a members only news production of Lapland News❓❗

Once again, at least be sneaky about it.
Most people have some sort of respect for trolls who are funny. Your not really up to par on that though.
Once again, at least be sneaky about it.
Most people have some sort of respect for trolls who are funny. Your not really up to par on that though.

That's your opinion! Don't talk for everyone...
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Oliver Cromwell approves.

cromwellhead1.jpg

May the shops be stocked up with onions, no chocolates or turkeys or anything that brings one Christmas joy.
(edited 3 years ago)
Again, that's just one opinion. Please, don't talk for everyone... 😡
Reply 15
Damn straight :biggrin:
Are there only 3 people in the world? You, me and the other user? No, that's what I thought. Not everyone will have the same opinion.
Damn straight :biggrin:

At least I'm not a Fox lover.
Nobody, just making a point.
Reply 19
At least I'm not a Fox lover.

Yikes :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest