India247
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m in yr 12 and want to get a laptop for my studies next year but also need it to last at least my first year of uni. Any suggestions?
I was thinking of getting a MacBook Air 2020, is it work £1000?
Also, if I pay an extra £200- £300, I can get a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar. Is the Touch Bar worth the extra few hundred?
chocolate_fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can get some good Dell laptops at around the £400-500 price mark for around the same specs. Might be worth looking at that price range, rather than a macbook
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
macbooks slow down after a while - speaking from experience
Cheesybread
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find HP pavillion are good laptops if your willing to spend >£400. My old one lasted me from year 12 to end of uni. You may want to replace the battery after a couple years but thats cheap and easy to do.
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would recommend, you look at Dell laptops, lve had them for years, for work and play, and they are excellent.
Wouldn't spend the money on a mac book air, I doubt you'll find it any better.
Exotic Ghoul
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Acer Nitro 5 is the best midrange laptop for you as it's not too expensive, its fast and powerful, can play games at decent graphics settings and it even has an SSD as well + fan that you can control! Gaming laptops are just better overall than normal laptops, even if you don't game and just need it for studies - it's still a good option.
Exotic Ghoul
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mine is not that heavy tbh but I do agree with the battery life, though mine is always plugged in so im good lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads