Turn on thread page Beta

Well paid job that you hate VS low paid job that you love? watch

• View Poll Results: Well paid job that you hate VS low paid job that you love?
    Well paid job that you hate?
    40.94%
    low paid job that you love?
    59.06%

ReputationRep:
    I currently have a low paid job that I hate.
    Have interviewed for other places and have a good CV, but my initial shyness ruins it for me *every* time. After that first impression, I begin to relax and then I'm a more vibrant, hard-working, confident person. But I can't project that image when I first meet someone.

It's very much annoying me and I'm sooo fed up :'(

ReputationRep:
    probs a job tht i love- it makes it easier to get on with.
    sure high pay would be gr8, but money isn't everything in my opinion
    my mam used to have a better payed job, but didnt get on with her colleagues, so she left.
    now she works as a teacher, which could be better payed, but she loves workin with children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bjpchilds)
    I currently have a low paid job that I hate.
    Have interviewed for other places and have a good CV, but my initial shyness ruins it for me *every* time. After that first impression, I begin to relax and then I'm a more vibrant, hard-working, confident person. But I can't project that image when I first meet someone.

It's very much annoying me and I'm sooo fed up :'(
    Keep working at it You will eventually be able to show that inner confident person on first impression! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How well paid are we talking? If it's upwards of £250,000, easily the one I hate. I'd rather have a nice house, be able to buy what I want and go on holiday/travelling all the time, rather than have a job I love, but a rubbish social life. Although obviously it can't have like a zillion hour days, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy the money.

Edit: So I voted for well paid job that I hate. I wouldn't be happy with a lifestyle that's not good.

ReputationRep:
    Love paid job that I love

I left a fairly well paid job with lots of opportunities to move up to take my A Levels - why? Because it bored the living daylights out of me.
    Even when I look in the paper, only the volunteer jobs generally appeal to me!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.