Ruined!

What is the world coming to?

Her results are great - if true...
    Probably true, but who cares? as everyone has shouted:
    'it matters not'
    in 18 months they will be forgotton
    spend the £50 on hot knickers

ReputationRep:
    Your girlfriend must be by far and away the stupidest person ever to attain those grades. In fact, I'll wager I'd know our paths have crossed by the way light subtly bends around her extremities.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    To add to the rabble: yes, she should get it remarked. Any paper you believe that you should have fairly got a higher grade than you did you should get remarked. Bugger what she got in everything else - if she got a certain grade and believes the marking was incorrect and she deserves another, she should ask for a remark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzypants)
    This isn't for me, but for my girlfriend

Got her results as 12A*s and 1 A. A* in English lit and lang, bio, chem, phys, maths, stats, food tech, pe, french, re, ict.

And then an A in Business Studies. She is really ecstatic with her results, don't get me wrong, but do you think she should get the Business remarked and pay £50. She spoke to her teacher, and she was 3 UMS marks off, and this could be 1 actual mark away from getting an A*!

D'you rekcon she should bother? It would purely be so she could say 'i got straight A*s' just for her own satisfaction really.

WHat should she do, is it worht it? She feels really silly asking school, cos usally they only send them back for C/D borderline, and feels stupid, cos its only the difference between an A and an A*.

What d'you rekcon?

Edit: NO haters please. I'm just asking advice

i know is completely what you / her would not do but i would lie about ever doing the subject and just say "yeah i got 12 A*s and that's it" =p. that's what i do aobut my grade C in french when got my other grades

ReputationRep:
    nude pics of your girlfriend or i dont believe you have a g/f and i wont help

ReputationRep:
    Yes, get it done. Also, I want to sleep with your girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    If she has 50 quid out of her own pocket then she can do what she likes with it as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    My 2.1 was only 60.77%, perhaps I should go to court for a remark?
    true story!
    Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be funny if it got marked down to a B.

ReputationRep:
    Wow , well done her, I got 13 straight A*'s myself , I would definitely tell her it is worth remarking, there is nothing like saying I got straight A*'s, plus its far easier to say because usually you could end up explaining why you got the A. She shouldn't feel stupid asking the school her getting straight *'s is no different from someone getting five A- C's cos she has worked for them. The price kind of seems a bit steep for a remark, if they have ****ed up. Also it is good for the school to have someone with all A*'s well thats what i have been told today.

ReputationRep:
    If she is going to regret not getting it remarked for the rest of her life then definitely go for it. She's so close to an A* it's nearly impossible that the grade will go down and it will put her mind at rest knowing that she's had it remarked.

ReputationRep:
    She should do it, I think...

Apparently universities like Oxford take a percentage of your A*/not A* ratio, so theoretically someone with 10A*s would be better than someone with 20A*s and one A (in reality they would obviously make an exception for this). It's useful to have straight A*s.

ReputationRep:
    She might as well if she's that close. She's hardly gonna do DOWN a grade when she's so close.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit foolish to me to pay £50 just to say you've got an extra A*, especially when you already have 12 of them! Besides the fact that if I was an examiner asked for a remark merely because I wanted another A* then I'd be pretty annoyed. Remarks are for people who have unjustly got their result. She maybe deserved that A.

Oh, and she'd be on 13...not the best number for everyone to advance their AS levels on if she's superstitious

But then again, I guess if she's just 1 mark off, and she's willing to part with the money just to say she got 13 A*s, then go for it. I can't imagine she'd get a B by having it remarked. She'll possibly just stay the same, which is a shame to waste £50 on, but if it's that important to her, so be it.

ReputationRep:
    She must have been really annoyed. I know I would be. Do it.

ReputationRep:
    She might as well go for the remark. With 3 UMS it's a bit risky (papers generally don't go up by 1 or 2 raw marks...unless it's particularly essay based) but it's not gonna go down a grade so there's no risk like that. Most likely it'll stay as it is, but there's a change it'll go up. And if it does go up she'd get at least a partial refund.

Well done to her anyway .

ReputationRep:
    GOOO FOR ITTTTT!!

I am and I got similar grades to her except with 13 and 1

Best of luck!

She really has nothing to lose and the money would be soo worth it if (and there's a high possibility) she gets it bumped up. I wish I was only 1 raw mark away!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, why not :]
    x

ReputationRep:
    I'd give it a try, 50 quid isn't a lot and why not?

ReputationRep:
    I would say no, but it's up to her.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.