Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How can you get an A* in PE? Or even a C for that matter...

ReputationRep:
    She would hardly be putting the school out. All the school needs to do is get the secretary to fill in a form. Go for it I say.

ReputationRep:
    go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    dump her
    The most useful reply to this thread by far! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    12 A*s and an A that could become an A* from just 3 UMS

what a thread to start, dude your a credit to your gf
    omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    the only damn C i got, the rest were As and A*s
    but im happy considering it was half course and i got a D in the practical:p:

ReputationRep:
    btw you do know your probs stuck with that name, but hey whatever floats your boat:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    btw you do know your probs stuck with that name, but hey whatever floats your boat:yep:
    I know, I feel like an idiot now. From now on it just applies to PE, the one course I have no hope of passing

I got a G in practical, which is utterly ridiculous considering the fact that people just turn up and do nothing, yet obtain the same grade. I try, at the beginning of the year, I actually told myself I could get an A :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Imagine she gets moved down from an A to a B or C, that would be harsh... 12 A*s and a B/C...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Dont do it nones going to believe HER when she says i have 13 A*s or however many, 12A* and 1A sounds just a little more believable
    Seeming people do 16 GCSEs, I think 13 A*s is believeable...

ReputationRep:
    PE GCSE. It's a theory course, in additon to the normal 2 hours of sport. largely question on sport, the rules, and human biology, respiration, homeostasis etc;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematician!)
    Seeming people do 16 GCSEs, I think 13 A*s is believeable...
    What percentage of people who do 13 GCSEs achieve 13 A*, taking all entries into account its a low number and how many people do 16?

So youre assuming that allot of people who do 16 GCSES get all A* too?

In ordinary conversation with say an employer or someone random saying you have 13A* isnt all that believable but saying you have 12 and 1 A is alot more believable

Doing 16 Gcses doesnt make you better than someone who did 13 and got A* regardless of your own results

ReputationRep:
    She could always pay for it herself if the school won't let her. On the other hand, it could be psychologically good for her to have that A as it might spur her on at A Level; I know my early A at GCSE made me work at my other subjects.

My Stats teacher also said to me that having an A shows you're at least a little human and not all machine.

ReputationRep:
    No way!! If I got that, I would love the A!!

It's a rebel, don't change it!! Love it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    What percentage of people who do 13 GCSEs achieve 13 A*, taking all entries into account its a low number and how many people do 16?

So youre assuming that allot of people who do 16 GCSES get all A* too?

In ordinary conversation with say an employer or someone random saying you have 13A* isnt all that believable but saying you have 12 and 1 A is alot more believable

Doing 16 Gcses doesnt make you better than someone who did 13 and got A* regardless of your own results
    So being flawless is not believable, but being nearly flawless is believable? The difference between 12 A*s and 1 A and 13 A*s is MINUTE! Plus you are assuming that I meant a person who does 16 GCSEs automatically gets 16 A*s. I was actually talking about the vast quantity of GCSEs being unbelieveable (I said 16 GCSEs not 16 A*s).
    I was looking at a M.E.N. newspaper and was looking through the GCSE results of people to kill time. In one particular college, a significant number did more than 15 GCSEs, though it is true it was rare to see 16 GCSEs. Either way, I just said it as a statement, not as a fact.

ReputationRep:
    So being flawless is not believable, but being nearly flawless is believable? The difference between 12 A*s and 1 A and 13 A*s is MINUTE! Plus you are assuming that I meant a person who does 16 GCSEs automatically gets 16 A*s. I was actually talking about the vast quantity of GCSEs being unbelieveable (I said 16 GCSEs not 16 A*s).
    I was looking at a M.E.N. newspaper and was looking through the GCSE results of people to kill time. In one particular college, a significant number did more than 15 GCSEs, though it is true it was rare to see 16 GCSEs. Either way, I just said it as a statement, not as a fact.
    Youre only flawless for seconds and moments, noones flawless to everyone at anytime.

Sure youre right, the difference is small but they provoke different responses

You think 13A* is believable only because people take 16 GCSES, thats what im inferring from your statement, thats your evidence so to speak, either that or youre comparing them as equal thus youre assuming 16 GCSEs equal 16A*, not me

To be honest im overanalysing :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Youre only flawless for seconds and moments, noones flawless to everyone at anytime.

Sure youre right, the difference is small but they provoke different responses

You think 13A* is believable only because people take 16 GCSES, thats what im inferring from your statement, thats your evidence so to speak, either that or youre comparing them as equal thus youre assuming 16 GCSEs equal 16A*, not me

To be honest im overanalysing :mad:
    Nope, never did I say 13 A*s is equivalent to 16 GCSEs. The sheer quantity is what I was saying is unbelievable.
    I was not considering them as equal, I was considering the unbeli€evability of both. When I tell someone I did 12 GCSEs, they find that unbelievable, so 16 to them would be outrageous.
    Anyway, stop being so critical! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, never did I say 13 A*s is equivalent to 16 GCSEs. The sheer quantity is what I was saying is unbelievable.
    I was not considering them as equal, I was considering the unbeli€evability of both. When I tell someone I did 12 GCSEs, they find that unbelievable, so 16 to them would be outrageous.
    Anyway, stop being so critical! :p:
    I found something to be critical about in this post but i cant be bothered

Aye, i am being critical, thought id put the critical thinking lessons to use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    I found something to be critical about in this post but i cant be bothered

Aye, i am being critical, thought id put the critical thinking lessons to use
    Hehe OK. Thanks for the rep :p:

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.