lucyrigbyx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am at the end of year 12, and I do Biology, Psychology A levels, and a NCFE diploma in Sport & Exercise science. Everyone has chosen their top five universities and started their personal statements but I can't even decide what course to do ! At first I wanted to do psychology with sport and exercise science at Exeter but they require a 5 in GCSE maths which I don't have, and there are no other decent universities that offer this course. I'm not clever enough to just do psychology, and Im not sporty enough to do sports psychology or sport & exercise science etc. I would actually rather die than take a gap year. I therefore have no idea of what I want to do, can anyone help? I'm desperate !!
username5304322
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lucyrigbyx)
I'm not clever enough to just do psychology, and Im not sporty enough to do sports psychology or sport & exercise science etc.
Have a bit more confidence in yourself. If you're interested in Psychology or Sports Science, you can do it.
CheltBoii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am at the end of year 12, and I do Biology, Psychology A levels, and a NCFE diploma in Sport & Exercise science. Everyone has chosen their top five universities and started their personal statements but I can't even decide what course to do ! At first I wanted to do psychology with sport and exercise science at Exeter but they require a 5 in GCSE maths which I don't have, and there are no other decent universities that offer this course. I'm not clever enough to just do psychology, and Im not sporty enough to do sports psychology or sport & exercise science etc. I would actually rather die than take a gap year. I therefore have no idea of what I want to do, can anyone help? I'm desperate !!
Theres loads of stuff you can do - often it is too much choice. It definitely was for me. What id say is get a piece of paper and write down any subject you are interested in. This can be stuff you arent even qualified for! Theres loads of degrees including business, biology, biochemistry, sports science and loads more. Dont just look at stuff you are studying at the moment either.
Just have a research. Dont worry though, you have loads of time.
Then what i would also do is write out the WORST CASE SCENARIO. SO this is you having to take a gap year. Okay, it sounds daunting at first, but it wouldnt be that bad. you can work, travel, find out what you want to study etc. Uni students will be home 4-5 months of the year so you will see them anyway. It would be time for you to do things like get a driving licence and earn some cash... but this is just the worst case.
lucyrigbyx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by CheltBoii)
Theres loads of stuff you can do - often it is too much choice. It definitely was for me. What id say is get a piece of paper and write down any subject you are interested in. This can be stuff you arent even qualified for! Theres loads of degrees including business, biology, biochemistry, sports science and loads more. Dont just look at stuff you are studying at the moment either.
Just have a research. Dont worry though, you have loads of time.
Then what i would also do is write out the WORST CASE SCENARIO. SO this is you having to take a gap year. Okay, it sounds daunting at first, but it wouldnt be that bad. you can work, travel, find out what you want to study etc. Uni students will be home 4-5 months of the year so you will see them anyway. It would be time for you to do things like get a driving licence and earn some cash... but this is just the worst case.
Thank you so so so much !
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi lucyrigbyx,

I would not worry about 'being sporty' when considering a Sport and Exercise Science of Sport Psychology course, these courses involve very little or no practical sport, they are focused on the science behind sport, in the case of sport psychology the psychology behind sport. Take a look at some of the modules on these degrees and see if you would be interested in them. To find out more about Sport and Exercise Science at Lincoln click here.

Best of luck,
Jack
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
37.29%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.25%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed