The Student Room Group

Advice on SFE & quitting a HNC

Hi,
I'm in a HNC and I've got multiple assignments (4) left to complete. The official end date of the course is the 19th (June) but I have been given an extra 3 or 4 days on top of that to complete the assignments.I have talked to my tutor about my anxiety & subsequent stress (of which they had no idea I suffer from) and why I was behind (but only told them very recently) hence why I was granted a few extra days to complete. I feel it is best for my well-being to quit the course now (mere days before the official end) rather than make a futile attempt to complete the assignments (and trigger the anxiety and cause more stress).

I would like to know the process of quitting the HNC and in particular how this affects student finance. I read that I would have to pay back part of the last maintenance loan instalment (worked out from when I quit the course - up until the last day that instalment covered me for). The last instalment for the maintenance loan I had was roughly just over £1000 on around April 18th.

Is the day I quit, the last day I attended college (or online lectures) or is it the date of the last assignment I handed in or is it based off the percentage of assignments I have handed in?

I'd really appreciate some clarity on this please,
if someone could help.
(edited 3 years ago)
You’ve suffered enough might as well suffer a little more and finish it to make it worth it.....
Original post by indybrookes
You’ve suffered enough might as well suffer a little more and finish it to make it worth it.....

Trust me, I want to but every time I open a work-related document I feel as though I want to be sick also two of these are big assignments that I haven't even started yet including a Pearson-set assignment (a full unit in one assignment) and a system development assignment (database) that is also a full unit assignment, in such a short time, I believe it would be impossible even if I only attempted the pass criteria. The other assignments are smaller and are half done.

Also this has been going on for the past 3 months. I was supposed to have submitted an assignment (3 months ago, I never did) but for some reason nobody picked up on it until I decided to tell my tutor last week (that assignment is one that I am still yet to complete). It's been really hard for me, falling from "one of the best students in the class" to a massive failure. It's really tough, but I've only got myself to blame. I'm like 99.95% set on quitting, the only thing that may make me buck up is that I have another online meeting with my tutor soon. However, I simultaneously feel it's kind of stupid attempting to complete work of that scale in less than a week.

The only major lesson I have learned throughout my experience in HE is that Higher Education isn't really for me (well... at least not right now).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending