Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been in my new job a month today 21/8/08 as a kitchen porter.
    Rumour has it that I may well be gettin sacked or at least have my hours cut down because i DON'T WORK FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!!
    I work too slow because of all the conflicting demands made on me - make sure everything' spotless-but wash everything quickly - "I don't expect miracles" is wht my manager said to me on my first night.
    I like to do a good job and do it properly.
    I also get picked on my appearance as I wear glasses I get stickers put on my back saying "Harry Pottwash and Where's Wally" I even get called Harry Pottwash - the manager was there when it happened and did/said nothing.

1. Can they really sack me for not working fast enough or would they have to use underhand tactics?
    2. Are they able to claim back my earnings?
    3. Should I look for another job and hand in my resignation?
    4. Would I be able to take the B*****s to court for discrimination and emotional damage. :confused:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    As you've only been there a month things like unfair dismissal don't apply to you (most of the time it requires one years service)

ReputationRep:
    Do you enjoy the job? It doesn't sound like it. Have a look for another job, which you'll probably enjoy more as you'll be working with nicer people.

But if you really are slow, it's really hard on other staff. At all the places i've worked, when we've had slow potwashers, it's so much more difficult. Basically we tell them to speed up or they're getting the sack (the managers never minded because loads of kids want jobs as potwashers).

ReputationRep:
    Would you enjoy a job where you are getting picked on by phillistine idiots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry J)
    Would you enjoy a job where you are getting picked on by phillistine idiots
    If you don't enjoy doing something then don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like your job, why are you still there? Remember, no one forces you to be there. If you are not happy and are being teased, quit ASAP because it sounds like a **** organisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry J)
    I've been in my new job a month today 21/8/08 as a kitchen porter.
    Rumour has it that I may well be gettin sacked or at least have my hours cut down because i DON'T WORK FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!!
    I work too slow because of all the conflicting demands made on me - make sure everything' spotless-but wash everything quickly - "I don't expect miracles" is wht my manager said to me on my first night.
    I like to do a good job and do it properly.
    I also get picked on my appearance as I wear glasses I get stickers put on my back saying "Harry Pottwash and Where's Wally" I even get called Harry Pottwash - the manager was there when it happened and did/said nothing.

1. Can they really sack me for not working fast enough or would they have to use underhand tactics?
    2. Are they able to claim back my earnings?
    3. Should I look for another job and hand in my resignation?
    4. Would I be able to take the B*****s to court for discrimination and emotional damage. :confused:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I would no show, just dont turn up for work that would p**s them off royally, dont give them the satisfaction of a resignation, you dont deserve to be treated like that especially when the manager was in the same room.

ReputationRep:
    i would resign... Kitchen environments are often hectic and you do need to work fast to keep up with everything! You obviously aren't enjoying it so quit and find another job. Perhaps use this as some sort of experience to put on your CV.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.