username4392764
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I think it would be good if I made a thread with lots of people who want to study Law at university so we can share ideas and stay in touch and stuff like that so please comment!
Last edited by username4392764; 4 days ago
Teddy_R
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Heya, that sounds wonderful - in all honesty I was getting a little worried about how I'll fare in university. My dad's not helping since he wants me to get a first and I'm not even sure if I can keep up with the new workload. So this could help a lot 😅
daveymcloughlin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by salvp14)
I think it would be good if I made a group chat with lots of people who want to study Law at university so we can share ideas and stay in touch and stuff like so comment below if your interested!
I’ll be applying in September for RG unis
a.b1412
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
which universities are you wanting to apply to? and has anyone started their ps yet
daveymcloughlin
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by a.b1412)
which universities are you wanting to apply to? and has anyone started their ps yet
Manchester/Liverpool and contextual for Leeds/Newcastle (AAA) and Manny Met for back up (BBB)
a.b1412
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by daveymcloughlin)
Manchester/Liverpool and contextual for Leeds/Newcastle (AAA) and Manny Met for back up (BBB)
Ooooo i’m thinking about leeds, sheffield, ( AAA) lancaster (AAB) nottingham trent and lincoln (BBB)
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think it would be good if I made a group chat with lots of people who want to study Law at university so we can share ideas and stay in touch and stuff like so comment below if your interested!
Moved to the Law forum
(and changed the title very slightly as Law Applicants 2020 already exists)
username4392764
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teddy_R)
Heya, that sounds wonderful - in all honesty I was getting a little worried about how I'll fare in university. My dad's not helping since he wants me to get a first and I'm not even sure if I can keep up with the new workload. So this could help a lot 😅
oh wow thats a lot of pressure then. A safe space to talk would be perfect for you
username4392764
Rep:
?
(Original post by a.b1412)
I'm thinking maybe Exeter, Bristol, Portsmouth and idk the rest yet.
username4392764
Rep:
?
I’ll be applying in September for RG unis
good so will I! Are you thinking about Oxbridge?
username4392764
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Moved to the Law forum
(and changed the title very slightly as Law Applicants 2020 already exists)
okay thank you very much 👍
daveymcloughlin
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
good so will I! Are you thinking about Oxbridge?
No lmao I left school with 3 GCSEs 🤣
studifstyle
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I'm thinking Manchester, KCL, Queen Mary, York, not too sure haha
username4392764
Rep:
?
No lmao I left school with 3 GCSEs 🤣
oh 😂
studifstyle
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Welcome to the 2021 Law Applicants Thread! This is a discussion thread for those of you applying to Law courses for 2021 Entry.

Feel free to answer any of the questions below:

A-Level Predicted Grades?
GCSE Grades?
Unis ur applying to?
LNAT?
Why Law?
Areas of interest in law?
Any plans for after degree?
Any other things you are applying for (i.e gap year, solicitor apprenticeship etc.)?
Things you have done for your statement?

Let's chat about law!
Last edited by studifstyle; 4 months ago
studifstyle
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Also feel free anything else you're interested in
mj2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by studifstyle)
Welcome to the 2021 Law Applicants Thread! This is a discussion thread for those of you applying to Law courses for 2021 Entry.

Feel free to answer any of the questions below:

A-Level Predicted Grades?
GCSE Grades?
Unis ur applying to?
LNAT?
Why Law?
Areas of interest in law?
Any plans for after degree?
Any other things you are applying for (i.e gap year, solicitor apprenticeship etc.)?
Things you have done for your statement?

Let's chat about law!
Heyyy
my predicted grades are AAB in history, enlgish lit and politics and I got 87777766655 and 2 distinction in extra courses at GCSE
I'm thinking of applying somewhere in London as I that would have the best oppotunities and is around 1-1.5 hour drive from home.
I like the look of LSBU but theres also some out of london like worcester which I like as well.
I'm not too sure exactly what type of law I want to focus on yet and am still uncertain on plans for after a degree but most likely a solciitor.

Wbu??
mj2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm thinking maybe Exeter, Bristol, Portsmouth and idk the rest yet.
I like exeter but the only thing that puts me off is that over a third of students there atm went to private school :eek:
Teddy_R
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mj2003)
I like exeter but the only thing that puts me off is that over a third of students there atm went to private school :eek:
Hopefully they don't follow the stuck up stereotype (I met a lovely girl from a private school for an open week and ik this guy from my school who seems to only be able to look down his nose at others so I've had an odd experience)
mj2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Teddy_R)
Hopefully they don't follow the stuck up stereotype (I met a lovely girl from a private school for an open week and ik this guy from my school who seems to only be able to look down his nose at others so I've had an odd experience)
I'm sure they're lovely people I just don't know whether it would feel as though they perhaps would have more opportunities due to their economic and social background and especially for law their families may more often than not have connections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (723)
41.46%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed