Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    **** the right thing, I'd have hit that.

ReputationRep:
    so i guess she wasn't fit then?

ReputationRep:
    You obviously had the best intentions, but that was an incredibly stupid thing to do:
    1. She was a complete stranger
    2. Even though she was drunk, would you really want a stranger letting you into your house and helping you to bed
    3. She could wake up this morning and decide that you did take advantage of her - it's not the first time someone has cried rape is it?

Next time just walk away!

ReputationRep:
    Much respect JohnNicolls, I have to say I probably wouldn't have bothered although depends how intoxicated she seemed and if she had friends to take her home etc. I'm one of those 'don't get involved' kinds of people generally.

I certainly wouldn't have taken advantage even if I helped someone in that state home. To be honest I would be very reluctant even to go in, after all the last thing you want is someone claiming you took advantage of them which could well happen.

I think its sad anyone wants to 'take advantage' of someone whos clearly this wrecked.

You did a good thing, its a shame that people including many women expect something to happen in that situation. Its mere speculation but I wonder if maybe it might happen again and she will end up getting taken advantage of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnNicolls)
    Anyway, I ramble, what would you do in that situation?
    Whatever I did, I certainly wouldn't have made a thread boasting about it.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or is someone looking for +rep? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow Well done! Just goes to show that there is some good men out there! You may have just re-installed my faith in men lol!

ReputationRep:
    I would never have done that, when I go out I do it to have a good time with mates I wouldn't spend it caring for some wasted woman who I didn't even know.

Wouldn't be surprising if she claimed rape or some bollux like that.

Obviously you were just posting on here for a pat on the back and a well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    Wow, thats, erm, nice of you.

But no, if shes that drunk, then i just ignore them, theres no point evening talking to them when theyre that drunk.
    what so there's no point in pay attention to anyone who is different to yourself? someone's abit arrogant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afua12)
    Thank goodness it was you she came across, and not some creepy old peado.
    I wonder what the "paedo" would do?

ReputationRep:
    paedo bear would not approve of a mid thirty woman :no: he likes them like how he likes his whiskey, 12 years old and all coked up :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I would've done what you did.

ReputationRep:
    LOL OP you are a legend. haha would love to see you on a night out

"I was firm but polite, telling her I wasn't looking for anything like that, and perhaps she should go home and drink some coffee."

****ing joker

ReputationRep:
    LOL, some good replies here, thanks.
    Wow, you know, it never crossed my mind that she might have cried rape, what a terrible society, in fact a rotten society if thats a thought in someones mind.
    Not having a go at anyone here, probably just a stain on the modern human condition.

And to answer some people, yes she is "fit"

ReputationRep:
    damn, mate, you so should have nailed her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnNicolls)
    LOL, some good replies here, thanks.
    Wow, you know, it never crossed my mind that she might have cried rape, what a terrible society, in fact a rotten society if thats a thought in someones mind.
    Not having a go at anyone here, probably just a stain on the modern human condition.

And to answer some people, yes she is "fit"
    Wow, that was an incredibly nice thing to have done, it's great to see there are decent, gentlemen still about.
    But yes, it was a bit risky.
    Anyway, good on you

ReputationRep:
    Op, seriously you are such a lovely guy, I wish all guys were like you, seriously sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Dude . . .

I'd have just left her.

However, I envy your altruism. I'm just a bad person.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky she never had a husband/boyfriend in the house who probably would have beaten you to a pulp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    Op, seriously you are such a lovely guy, I wish all guys were like you, seriously sweet.
    And I wish all women were drunk and gagging for it. It's a cruel world.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.