Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh excellent, thank you both for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Becca)
    Oh excellent, thank you both for your help!
    Although be careful with the BayCar service, it's very easy to miss a stop and end up in completely the wrong place if you don't know exactly where you're going, the area around the Bay is quite sprawling, with busy roads! Although this statement is mainly based on my one experience where me and a friend got off one stop too late and had to cross a roundabout on foot.... I've walked the road between the two in the past (in the day), and as far as I remember it took a good half hour, bit of a trek, but quite straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    I just got my accomodation though as being University Hall, which i've heard is on a hill....at least its good exercise on the bike on the way back... :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    How much are buses (single/return journeys) generally?
    I generally buy a day to go for £3 then you can catch as many buses as you want throughout the day and night.

ReputationRep:
    the best thing really is to walk it- everything is withon 10-15 mins walk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djk_99)
    There's a bus from outside the station!
    http://www.cardiffbus.com/routes.shtml
    There's also a train if you go from Platform 3 on Queen Street station.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obsession)
    Reading through this thread kind of sets my mind at peace, but still i'd like to ask, if i get to Cardiff Central at about 3.30 pm do i stand a chance of turning up to collect my key by 5 pm?
    Definitely - it's only a 10-15 minute walk from Central to the main university buildings.

ReputationRep:
    Reading through this thread kind of sets my mind at peace, but still i'd like to ask, if i get to Cardiff Central at about 3.30 pm do i stand a chance of turning up to collect my key by 5 pm?
    Ofcourse you do. :]

It takes me about 10-15 minutes to walk that distance.

(Original post by *pitseleh*)
    Definitely - it's only a 10-15 minute walk from Central to the main university buildings.
    Thank you

Ooooh the paranoia of going to the place you've never been before :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Ooooh the paranoia of going to the place you've never been before :woo:
    A lot of the main destinations for students are so compact and close together you will get to places within minutes.

(Original post by History Rocks)
    Ofcourse you do. :]

It takes me about 10-15 minutes to walk that distance.
    Thanks guys, you've really calmed my over-paranoid mind down

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that the Cardiff buses will only take exact change?
    and how far is taly north from the heath park campus? walkable?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=fone]Is it true that the Cardiff buses will only take exact change?
    QUOTE2

Yes that is true!
    E.g. If you want to purchase a day to go for £3 an only got a £5 note and put that in to pay for the ticket, then there are two outcomes you either lose the £2 or the driver can give you a voucher which will allow you to go to there Cardiff Central office and collect the £2 but that is so much hassle :|.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=History Rocks]
    (Original post by fone)
    QUOTE2

Yes that is true!
    E.g. If you want to purchase a day to go for £3 an only got a £5 note and put that in to pay for the ticket, then there are two outcomes you either lose the £2 or the driver can give you a voucher which will allow you to go to there Cardiff Central office and collect the £2 but that is so much hassle :|.
    Wow, that kind of sucks :/ haha.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=History Rocks]
    (Original post by fone)
    QUOTE2

Yes that is true!
    why dont they just keep change? thats quite weird, guess i'll be keeping a pot of "bus change"

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=fone]

why dont they just keep change? thats quite weird, guess i'll be keeping a pot of "bus change"
    I've never understood why they don't have change myself.-They give you it on the trains but not the bus.-Weird I now.
    It's so inconvenient, I either go in to the nearest shop to get change or ask someone on the bus stop to exchange a note for change.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JocastaJackal]

Wow, that kind of sucks :/ haha.
    If you don't fancy constantly handling change you can get a monthly bus pass. It's worth it if you are going to be using the bus a lot otherwise if your not going to be it will work out to expensive.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=History Rocks]
    (Original post by JocastaJackal)

If you don't fancy constantly handling change you can get a monthly bus pass. It's worth it if you are going to be busing the bus a lot otherwise if your not going to be it will work out to expensive.
    I'll probably just do that as I'm car-less.

Weird, quoting thing is messing up.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JocastaJackal]

I'll probably just do that as I'm car-less.

Weird, quoting thing is messing up.
    Well I now it's £45 for one months usuage.

I don't see why you would need one though because like a lot of people said a lot of things are in walking distance. Depending on were you want to go.

ReputationRep:

Well I now it's £45 for one months usuage.

I don't see why you would need one though because like a lot of people said a lot of things are in walking distance. Depending on were you want to go.
    Ah, I was going to look for a part-time job so that's what I was thinking about using it for really.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.