Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JocastaJackal)
    Ah, I was going to look for a part-time job so that's what I was thinking about using it for really.
    Aww alright then!

Well it really depends on were your job is located?

Do you now where you want to apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History Rocks)
    Aww alright then!

Well it really depends on were your job is located?

Do you now where you want to apply?
    I don't really know what's available to be honest so I was thinking about going and handing out CVs to anywhere that looked attractive during fresher's week maybe. :P

I really want a job in Thresher's though (discount), haha.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know what's available to be honest so I was thinking about going and handing out CVs to anywhere that looked attractive during fresher's week maybe. :P

I really want a job in Thresher's though (discount), haha.
    Awww is that a wine store? Is it near the uni never seen one?

I havw two jobs this summer, which are both very flexible in Cardiff.

One is working for the Millenium Stadium which is very flexible because you can just chose the events that you want to work so you may work one event a month or six a month. An you can adapt your shifts to your work load An it's literally 15 minutes walk from Cardiff Uni main building.
    There's the link if you want a browse at the application.

http://www.millenniumstadium.com/3473_6147.php

ReputationRep:
    Awww is that a wine store? Is it near the uni never seen one?

I havw two jobs this summer, which are both very flexible in Cardiff.

One is working for the Millenium Stadium which is very flexible because you can just chose the events that you want to work so you may work one event a month or six a month. An you can adapt your shifts to your work load An it's literally 15 minutes walk from Cardiff Uni main building.
    There's the link if you want a browse at the application.

http://www.millenniumstadium.com/3473_6147.php
    I see, that looks interesting. I'll have a look anyway, thanks.

Thresher's is a wine store, and I'm not sure if it's near the uni. I hope there is one. I applied to one in my area here this summer and was rejected, gutted :P

ReputationRep:
    I see, that looks interesting. I'll have a look anyway, thanks.

Thresher's is a wine store, and I'm not sure if it's near the uni. I hope there is one. I applied to one in my area here this summer and was rejected, gutted :P
    Your welcome. :}

Awww well hopefully you will be able to get the job in one of the Cardiff stores.

I looked on there website;

http://www.threshergroup.com/our_stores_pdfs.aspx

An they seem to have several stores in Cardiff. :]

The nearest seem to be Albany Road which you can catch a 10 minute bus to from town, an there is also a Cathays store.

ReputationRep:

Awww well hopefully you will be able to get the job in one of the Cardiff stores.

The nearest seem to be Albany Road which you can catch a 10 minute bus to from town, or Cathays.
    Whee, sounds convenient. Maybe I'll apply to all several, hahaha.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:

The nearest seem to be Albany Road which you can catch a 10 minute bus to from town, an there is also a Cathays store.
    There's one (or there was one) right by the Sherman - i.e. round the back of the students' union - and there's also one on Woodville Road, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    There's one (or there was one) right by the Sherman - i.e. round the back of the students' union - and there's also one on Woodville Road, I think.
    No... the one in the SU closed down about a year ago.
    And the wine store on Woodville Road is The Local, it's not a Threshers.
    Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djk_99)
    Sorry!
    Ahh oh well, you've saved me some time anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry!
    Ahh.. that's what I get for not being a Cathays resident any more!

There was a Threshers on Woodville Road - though admittedly the last time I actually went there was probably about four years ago - but I guess it must have changed into something else.

ReputationRep:
    There are places where you don't have to have exact change for a bus? Blimey. I've been living/existing in Birmingham for too long.

I've walked the distance form Cardiff Central to the humanities building a couple of times: nice walk. Though i always end up getting distracted in one of the arcades... full of antiquey shops? It's really pretty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    There are places where you don't have to have exact change for a bus? Blimey. I've been living/existing in Birmingham for too long.

I've walked the distance form Cardiff Central to the humanities building a couple of times: nice walk. Though i always end up getting distracted in one of the arcades... full of antiquey shops? It's really pretty!
    I love the boutiques we have here to. :woo:

There stuff is individual to only that store.

Pretty expensive but exclusive and worth it. :}

ReputationRep:
    Are you joking?! The bus service in Cardiff is brilliant compared to any other place I have ever lived!
    I am glad to hear that djk_99 as thats the most method of transport i be using when i go to UWIC next year,however been informed they mainly use their own buses called UWIC Rider i think its called and u need a special bus pass which costs £206 a year thats a bit expensive i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    I am glad to hear that djk_99 as thats the most method of transport i be using when i go to UWIC next year,however been informed they mainly use their own buses called UWIC Rider i think its called and u need a special bus pass which costs £206 a year thats a bit expensive i think.
    Yep, plus it only comes once an hour and stops at 7pm so I hear. I'd just recommend using the normal buses :P

ReputationRep:
    I just went into Cardiff today, to meet a friend studying at the Royal Welsh College, and here's my estimations of walking times from place to place:

City Centre (Queen Street/Cardiff Castle) to the main campus: 5 - 8 minutes
    Main campus to Talybont: 7 - 10 minutes.
    Colum Hall to Music department: 1.5 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Yep, plus it only comes once an hour and stops at 7pm so I hear. I'd just recommend using the normal buses :P
    Really u have to wait a full hour before it turns up JocastaJackel thats awful:eek: ,I would be late for lecturers depending upon when they started and what my future timetable will be like.I will have to have a look into this further,thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    I just went into Cardiff today, to meet a friend studying at the Royal Welsh College, and here's my estimations of walking times from place to place:

City Centre (Queen Street/Cardiff Castle) to the main campus: 5 - 8 minutes
    Main campus to Talybont: 7 - 10 minutes.
    Colum Hall to Music department: 1.5 minutes
    Its all right for you RightSaidJames Cardiff University departments/Buildings and halls of accomodation arnt far apart unlike UWIC which is spread out more as well as the halls of Residences.i will just have to find out all this when i go to the open day later on this year.

ReputationRep:
    Talybont is 15-20 minutes from the Main Campus. I've walked down North Road/Colum Road/Park Place many times.

ReputationRep:
    If you run from the main building to Central Station for the bus then maybe it would take 5-8 minutes. But everytime I've walked there it takes inbetween 10-15 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I was thinking that! RightSaidJames- you must be a fast walker!

It took me 15-20 mins from Talybont to the law building. And then 15-20 minutes from Bute or the Main building into the city centre.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.