Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmm the old post isn't working

Naples Street - beautiful city really

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alcazaba)
    :confused: in what way?

Cave one was just spot metering from the back of the cave looking out. There was no light in there at all as it was overhanging.

Didn't have time to set the aperture on the kittens one so I think I shot it at f/4 which is why the back cat is a little fuzzy.
    There's nothing 'photoshopped-looking' about the kittens picture at all

ReputationRep:

This is a street in the Vatican City

They love two-wheelers in Italy
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Hmm the old post isn't working

Naples Street - beautiful city really

Im sure you would have noticed the massive amount of scooters xD

Unfortunately I didn't take this shot, dad is the one with the 60D

ReputationRep:

I REALLY like this one. Would look good as a piece of wall art.

ReputationRep:
    It was a spur of the moment shot as I was walking, crouched down and took it, didn't have time to investigate properly. It was only when I uploaded on my computer when I returned from holiday that I spotted the back kitten had an eye missing.

I actually wanted to go back and take it some food & water.
    Yeah I'd have had to have fed them if it was me, probably end up taking them with me too xD Some good shots though, well done

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love this one. Just the sort of photo I like - I've never been to Naples (or indeed the rest of Italy) as it happens, but this captures how I imagine it to be, perfectly. I love photos which really give a flavour of a place. There are some photos on here which although I think technically are good, they leave me cold - I just don't find them particularly interesting. This is not one of them!

EDIT: I think the blackness at each side is a little too wide, and colours at the bottom (around the car) are a little too bright yet pale, if that makes sense, but I don't really care - still really like the photo overall

ReputationRep:
    Wish I could rep this twice. Love the photo. Love the cat. One for each.

The more I look at this the more I love it. The eyes are perfectly sharp and everything else drops off in focus perfectly. AND the whiskers sort of envelop themselves around the rest of the image. Brill :borat:

What camera/lens did you use?
    Thank you!!

It's a Samsung NV24HD. Nothing special! Just a standard camera, really, haha. The HD does mean it throws out some lovely shots though. This was just a very lucky one, really, haha. Sounds soppy, but he was so old and had to be put to sleep about 6 months after this was taken, so I'm soooo happy I got such a beautiful shot of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miahrose)
    Thank you!!

It's a Samsung NV24HD. Nothing special! Just a standard camera, really, haha. The HD does mean it throws out some lovely shots though. This was just a very lucky one, really, haha. Sounds soppy, but he was so old and had to be put to sleep about 6 months after this was taken, so I'm soooo happy I got such a beautiful shot of him
    (The HD just refers to the video aspect. Any camera with a resolution greater than 1 megapixel is effectively HD.)

Always good when you can get a beautiful photo of a pet that looks great and can reflect their personality to remember them by :yep: Seriously though that photo turned out amazing!

I think I just have very unphotogenic cats

ReputationRep:

Woah :love:

ReputationRep:
    I can't find any of mine online

But I do love this one.

It's was my dog .

ReputationRep:
    Another two I have from San Marino, I like it, don't know if others will.

ReputationRep:
    Bored, so I'll add two more:

ReputationRep:
    took it last year and edited in the night sky today when i was super bored aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmineev)

That is absolutely ace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBritishBloke)
    That is absolutely ace!
    thankyouu, it's very much a fluke i assure you

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

last night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmineev)

that's brilliant

ReputationRep:

took this yesterday, i quite like it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/threest...n/photostream/

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.