Turn on thread page Beta

Post your best photograph watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Decided to set up a photography blog.. thought I might as well post it here for publicity haha: http://www.joelkelly.co.uk/

Although, here's a photo I got whilst walking the border collie (Rosie) today:

I know the quality looks terrible, that's because Photobox's gallery downgrades them a tad so that they can't be copied.. Order a print and you'll see the full res haha

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    How do I upload my photo?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly can't decide, so these 2:

what can i say, sheep ftw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by char2)
    Was doing 'Studio photography' for my theme at college, made this studio from a box and some black card

Nope, that didn't. You have to click on 'Share' (above the photo) then 'Grab the HTML/BBCode'. Then choose BBCode and copy that into a reply here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Nope, that didn't. You have to click on 'Share' (above the photo) then 'Grab the HTML/BBCode'. Then choose BBCode and copy that into a reply here.
    Ah, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snailsareslimy)

I love the depth of field on the first one, but the second one's just plain cute

ReputationRep:

What a lovely day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Thanks! I had about 50 crap ones amongst these too haha! I haven't got a macro lens either me dear! I am using macro filters at the moment (dead cheap). They do the trick...for now. They don't go as close to things as I would like though. Plus image quality isn't so good with them.

Check them out, they are cheap enough to buy whilst you save for a proper lens, also it will teach you how to use them properly before you get the real thing

They look like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-58MM-M...item2a07287c5c

Make sure you get the right lens size...I didn't get it right first time haha! So if yours is a 58mm lens get that size. Then just screw on to the end of your normal lens.

Sorry if you know all this!! haha! Just trying to help
    Wow, I'm surprised how good the quality is with those. I'm using extension tubes at the moment. I don't think I had those when I first tried water drops, so I might give it another go.

ReputationRep:

These are just a couple I like. This thread is awesome

ReputationRep:
    some more common wildlife from me

a hoverfly by refrigerate, on Flickr

butterfly by refrigerate, on Flickr

ReputationRep:

Sheep ftw indeed :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Im new here ;__; this is my one, Its a place in Wales where thar are ruins of castles :]!

i hope ya likes o:

ReputationRep:

The second one - :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
    Wow, I'm surprised how good the quality is with those. I'm using extension tubes at the moment. I don't think I had those when I first tried water drops, so I might give it another go.
    If you go back a couple of pages I did a macro jumping spider with them...maybe another spider too. They don't look too bad to be honest

ReputationRep:

Deep blue Sunset by georgegabriel, on Flickr

ReputationRep:
    Took a couple in Barcelona that I'm quite fond of, not necessarily great shots but.. I like 'em

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Took a couple in Barcelona that I'm quite fond of, not necessarily great shots but.. I like 'em

Spoiler:
    Show

Love the 'gator :}
    They're all really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    If you go back a couple of pages I did a macro jumping spider with them...maybe another spider too. They don't look too bad to be honest
    I took this with the extension tubes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
    I took this with the extension tubes.
    Woah, that's cool. I've seen other fly pics on Flickr...the eyes always look fake...I know they're not! It's just because you've focused in on them (which is a good thing). Flies are a bit too small for my macro filters...they would be the size of a 2p coin on the screen.

I need to look up these extention tube things (I've only been doing "proper" photography for about 2 months...)

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.