Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    This is, I think, my best cat picture...but her nose is STILL too bright! Argh! No flash used either :sigh: One day *shakes fist*

Don't even get me started on my black cat
    Why do you need flash? took a screen and looked at the histogram and it's well balanced. Daylight is so much better than a flash where available.

If you don't have the money for PS look in my sig for gimp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Not heard of emails before? :p:
    Oh for the love of God....:sigh: This is a girl who sends people pictures in emails all. the. time.

Email sent to your addy in your profile Thanks for helping me out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weloveclover)
    Why do you need flash? took a screen and looked at the histogram and it's well balanced. Daylight is so much better than a flash where available.

If you don't have the money for PS look in my sig for gimp.
    Well I don't need a flash really but when I started photography (2 months ago) I was in fully auto mode and the flash kept popping up and her white bits EXPLODED. But now I'm in manual and not using the flash her white bits still aren't quite right. I'm still learning really

Oooo free you say? Don't mind if I do! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    A few from my walk today:

ReputationRep:
    Got my replacement macro lens today and I've rattled off some more shots of my mice
    I've botched a diffuser for my in built flash by wrapping toilet paper round it and fixing with a hairband but it seems to do the job quite well until I can afford a proper flash.

a slightly bigger aperature would have been good on this one, to get the eye in focus too.

I know it's just photos of mice to you lot but I'm so happy with the lens.
    Only problem is someone bought in their 105 macro for commission sale today and he only wants £390 for it. Very tempting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    Got my replacement macro lens today and I've rattled off some more shots of my mice
    I've botched a diffuser for my in built flash by wrapping toilet paper round it and fixing with a hairband but it seems to do the job quite well until I can afford a proper flash.

a slightly bigger aperature would have been good on this one, to get the eye in focus too.

Only problem is someone bought in their 105 macro for commission sale today and he only wants £390 for it. Very tempting.
    Nice shots, but don't think botched diffusers end when you get a dedicated flash! Check some of the weird & wonderful set ups here: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=142566

ReputationRep:

Watermelons by Alex Sheppard, on Flickr

Bristol Pride by Alex Sheppard, on Flickr

ReputationRep:

Praying mantis threat pose awesome creatures.

ReputationRep:

I love mice! Me and my sister had one each years ago, Yasmin and Jasmin. I wanted another one but could never find any - only frozen ones used as food!

Anyway, lovely pictures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyl92)

What type of mantis is that? it's absolutely beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    lol yh i tried to post a picture but it didn't work out for meh,
    anyone want to help?
    for the meantime appreciate the greatness of my avatar (whatever it is at the moment...)
    some really nice photos on here guys! ^^

ReputationRep:
    What type of mantis is that? it's absolutely beautiful!
    I know its Creobroter gemmatus AKA Jeweled Flower Mantis. They're so easy to look after! They don't need extra heat or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyl92)

Oh, that is just beyond cool! Amazing picture! I've NEVER even seen a praying mantis in real life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Oh, that is just beyond cool! Amazing picture! I've NEVER even seen a praying mantis in real life
    Thanks!

They're pretty weird... Really alien like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobilina0)
    I love mice! Me and my sister had one each years ago, Yasmin and Jasmin. I wanted another one but could never find any - only frozen ones used as food!

Anyway, lovely pictures
    They have mice in our local pets at home. They are reasonably common, I'm sure there will be a rodent related forum on the net where semi-pro rat people are breeding and selling them.

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/rodentsforsale/breed/rat/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    God this is absolutely stunning. It's so beautiful. I love it.
    Oops I didn't see you'd quoted me until just now! Unfortunately they were holding hands a few seconds before and it looked even better, but she just let go as I snapped...shame!

ReputationRep:

Open the image and look at in full screen.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the best at this but I did quite like these three from my trip to london zoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weloveclover)
    They have mice in our local pets at home. They are reasonably common, I'm sure there will be a rodent related forum on the net where semi-pro rat people are breeding and selling them.

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/rodentsforsale/breed/rat/
    Thanks. I've never seen them sold in any Pets at Home stores. I've got enough animals now I think, a hamster (my other died just over a month ago) and 4 chinchillas

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.