Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    mmm

either this one:

this one:

or this one:

ReputationRep:
    I'm no expert, but to me a good photo is one that is able to stir some sort of emotion in people when they look at it. your photos are stunning. they are so inspirational. the lights and colours you've captured make it look like the people in the photo are seeing something out of this world. something that is bigger than them and the world that they are in. you have real talent

ReputationRep:
    Took this from the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, would have liked to get a longer exposure but was very tricky to keep it still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fergo)
    Took this from the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, would have liked to get a longer exposure but was very tricky to keep it still.
    nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hali0112)
    I'm no expert, but to me a good photo is one that is able to stir some sort of emotion in people when they look at it. your photos are stunning. they are so inspirational. the lights and colours you've captured make it look like the people in the photo are seeing something out of this world. something that is bigger than them and the world that they are in. you have real talent
    Why thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyl92)

Praying mantis threat pose awesome creatures.
    What a beauty. I had one of these, unfortunetly mine passed a couple months ago. But amazing creatures!

ReputationRep:
    Golden Gate at sunset

Lake Peyto Jasper National Park, AB Canada
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Looking for a Soulmate... by Sarah Jane 1986, on Flickr

I love swans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    Had my first pop at shooting star trails last night. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Star Trails in the Night Sky by georgegabriel, on Flickr
    That's a really good one, the sky isn't dirty and I like the inclusion of the gatepost at the bottom. You can also see a satelite trail in the top right

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    I <3 this one

ReputationRep:
    I've got 3 more favorite pictures and then im out for a while.. Just got my hands on some cokin filters so will be having a play with them soon!

My campus main hall.

Passiflora caerulea - Blue Passion Flower... Imported species from africa, lovely plant but i cant help but think what it could be doing to the soil.

Royal Pavillion.

ReputationRep:
    Some birds... all of which need a bit of touching up, but I really like these ones.

DSC_2473

DSC_2520

DSC_2568

DSC_0572

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy66)
    What a beauty. I had one of these, unfortunetly mine passed a couple months ago. But amazing creatures!
    Thanks! yeahh they don't live very long. Sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyl92)
    Thanks! yeahh they don't live very long. Sucks
    , they don't its a shame - amazing creatures. I love it when they twist their heads they are so inquisitive! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanglewire)

Did a lot of post-processing go into those? I thought they'd been taken on an old school film camera before I looked at the EXIF data!

ReputationRep:
    yea i used lightroom to make that old school effect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weloveclover)
    less repping more photos

Here's some to get us back on topic:

taken at the CLC library because im posh (but male )
    Hey, what camera have you used, the quality is brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    That's a really good one, the sky isn't dirty and I like the inclusion of the gatepost at the bottom. You can also see a satelite trail in the top right
    Thank you so much! It was a really cloudy evening so I was concerned as to whether I'd get any stars, but in actual fact it cleared up brilliant. I thought having the gatepost in the shot would emphasise just how much the stars moved, almost like a barometer to the rest of the shot

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.