Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How Saturdays should be spent

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...89661831_n.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Certainly not my best work, though quite interesting nonetheless. I recently took some shots using a red bulb and a green laser:

All unedited, except the resize of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    Certainly not my best work, though quite interesting nonetheless. I recently took some shots using a red bulb and a green laser:

Nice pants...

ReputationRep:
    ] first year forensic photography portfolio
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Is that 2 touchpads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Is that 2 touchpads?
    two indeed - both 16gbs running andriod got them in the sale a month or so ago for 89 pound

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=iamprettyreckless;34478151]
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    Hmm, I think I have a couple worthy of this thread.

This is my car, Aristotle, in a field that happened to have the gate open on my way to work. Shot with my Nikon 28mm f/2.8 @ f/5.6

Another of Aristotle on a country lane near a small village called Neopardy in mid Devon. Shot with my Canon 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2

I love Aristotle, and obviously the photo's, what year model is it(he?)?
    Aristotle! How could you! My dad has an extremely good condition black Morris Minor (It's kept in his Dad's garage, I havent seen it in about two years! I have no clue what model it is) I want it when I can actually drive - If he even lets me

ReputationRep:

Twilight in Waterville, County Kerry.

ReputationRep:

Sunset in the Northern Lake District. Taken on the first evening of my Gold DofE expedition in the wettest valley in Britain that night.

Not exactly of the same quality as many of the images here but I like them nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=iamprettyreckless;34580502]
    (Original post by iamprettyreckless)

Aristotle! How could you! My dad has an extremely good condition black Morris Minor (It's kept in his Dad's garage, I havent seen it in about two years! I have no clue what model it is) I want it when I can actually drive - If he even lets me
    You won't regret it, best car ever made! Yeah, it can't go fast - but every time I go round a roundabout... its like driving a go-cart. Rear wheel drive ftw.

Oh and mine cost less than £300 to insure (as oposed to <£3000 for a normal car), and they don't have tax!

ReputationRep:

In keeping with the Morris Minor theme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)

In keeping with the Morris Minor theme
    BESIDES the fact its a morris minor, this photo sort of reminds me of a Herbie kind of scene

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)

I'd never shine a laser down the lens of my camera. I bet it could do some serious damage to the sensor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I'd never shine a laser down the lens of my camera. I bet it could do some serious damage to the sensor.

I doubt its much brighter than say - taking a photo of the sun... Sunsets are quite popular!

I dunno though.

edit Oh, there is a youtube video there! Its completly blank (im at work :O ) so I have no idea if it is some compelling evidence not to shine lazers down your lense lol

ReputationRep:
    I doubt its much brighter than say - taking a photo of the sun... Sunsets are quite popular!

I dunno though.
    The intensity of the sun at sunset is FAR different than that at midday. The latter will bugger your camera. The former will not.

Don't underestimate lasers. They are bloody powerful and can blind people. That's why there is a UK Laser Law.

These are three of my favourite photos I've took of people I know I'm not amazing with a camera tbh.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    The intensity of the sun at sunset is FAR different than that at midday. The latter will bugger your camera. The former will not.

Don't underestimate lasers. They are bloody powerful and can blind people. That's why there is a UK Laser Law.
    The sun can still sneak into photographs during the day though!

Lasers are not bloody powerful, bloody powerful lazers are bloody powerful. It completley depends on the strength of the laser!

Anything above 1 mW is illegal for sale in the UK, I've had those lazers and you can look directly at them, they cause no long term damage.

That said, after a bit of research a "1 mW laser has the potential to produce an intensity on the retina 167times that of direct sunlight" (source, some random website). I assume this would be similar for a camera. Also an issue may arrise with the surroundings (a dark room) meaning there is more exposure to the sensor, so for example bright sunlight might damage the more exposed sensor (I don't have much of an idea how camera sensors work so this is just speculation).

My conclusion is not to risk it! But shop bought laser pointers (<1mW, ie legal) won't damage your eye.

ReputationRep:
    The sun can still sneak into photographs during the day though!

Lasers are not bloody powerful, bloody powerful lazers are bloody powerful. It completley depends on the strength of the laser!

Anything above 1 mW is illegal for sale in the UK, I've had those lazers and you can look directly at them, they cause no long term damage.

That said, after a bit of research a &quot;1 mW laser has the potential to produce an intensity on the retina 167times that of direct sunlight&quot; (source, some random website). I assume this would be similar for a camera. Also an issue may arrise with the surroundings (a dark room) meaning there is more exposure to the sensor, so for example bright sunlight might damage the more exposed sensor (I don't have much of an idea how camera sensors work so this is just speculation).

My conclusion is not to risk it! But shop bought laser pointers (&lt;1mW, ie legal) won't damage your eye.
    I didn't mean to generalise all lasers in my last post. But I agree, don't risk it.

ReputationRep:
    Laser on sensor - :afraid:

Yeah I wouldn't risk it.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Stockholm yesterday

It's by no means my best photo ever, but I like taking photos of where I've been. So.. yeah

Edit: Here's another one from yesterday, this time a guard outside the Royal Palace:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.