Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some pictures from when I was working for the Red Cross in Ghana. There are more, if anyone is interested
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenfly125)
    Pictures from last summer.

Jeez, why the neg?
    I think your photos are really fantastic - why the negs people? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAZZA007)
    I think your photos are really fantastic - why the negs people? :eek:
    When it really comes to judging at a somehow higher level, I only like no. 3 (btw, is it Piazza San Marco?) due to the angle, the chosen section etc.

Most of the other pictures could have been made by someone with a point-and-shoot and without any photographic knowledge. I would not give a neg though and since this thread is about "your best pictures" it is totally okay, if these are really the best pictures he/she has to offer.

ReputationRep:
    Pictures from last summer...

...Jeez, why the neg?
    I havent negged you but "Post your best Photograph" not "post most of the photos you took last summer"

or maybe people just don't like them :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanBrwn)
    I havent negged you but "Post your best Photograph" not "post most of the photos you took last summer"
    I agree. The thread does definitely seem to have moved away from the title. Might as well be titled 'dump all your latest photos here' rather than 'post your best photograph'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    When it really comes to judging at a somehow higher level, I only like no. 3 (btw, is it Piazza San Marco?) due to the angle, the chosen section etc.

Most of the other pictures could have been made by someone with a point-and-shoot and without any photographic knowledge. I would not give a neg though and since this thread is about "your best pictures" it is totally okay, if these are really the best pictures he/she has to offer.
    (Original post by DanBrwn)

or maybe people just don't like them :iiam:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    I agree. The thread does definitely seem to have moved away from the title. Might as well be titled 'dump all your latest photos here' rather than 'post your best photograph'...
    These are the best photographs of ones I took last summer. And I certainly do not "dump" all of my photographs here. I took over 300 photo's last summer, so I don't see how this is "all".
    To be honest I think the snobbery of people on the post is disgusting. I'm sorry that not everyone can afford DSLR's with hundreds of different lenses with fish eye effects. Everyone has different abilities when it comes to photography so why not embrace it and go with the flow. The idea is that you post your "best" photograph, not necessarily will be the best to other people, but it is to me. I don't see why you need to constantly judge a photo, I'm not asking for them to be judged, unlike some people on here who do ask for critique, so don't go bashing other people's work and saying they clearly don't have any photographic knowledge, cause really, I don't give a crap. I just enjoy taking photo's of things I find interesting.

And yes it is in Venice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnyRoquentin)
    Because there is nothing inspiring, intelligent or original to be found in anything here. I've posted something more constructive and precise in another thread 'photography habits' or something. Anyway. The content of these photographs is so so mundane, please god, I can't look at another sunset or flower. There is no thought behind anything, has anyone thought about why they're taking this photograph? Why are they showing it to people? What to they want people to gain from it, what influences this? What does it represent? Time? The death of time? Can a photograph ever represent time?
    My god, there is such extensive theory behind photography, yet people do not pay attention, and carry on snapping away at that goddamn sunset.
    Any idiot can be trained to perfect the technical use of a camera, digital or analogue, to get any result they desire. However where is the creativity, thought and intelligence?
    Get off your high horse and stop criticising something that people obviously enjoy, and others also like to look at. So what if they're not the next big thing, you're being very bitter.

ReputationRep:
    These are the best photographs of ones I took last summer. And I certainly do not "dump" all of my photographs here. I took over 300 photo's last summer, so I don't see how this is "all".
    To be honest I think the snobbery of people on the post is disgusting. I'm sorry that not everyone can afford DSLR's with hundreds of different lenses with fish eye effects. Everyone has different abilities when it comes to photography so why not embrace it and go with the flow. The idea is that you post your "best" photograph, not necessarily will be the best to other people, but it is to me. I don't see why you need to constantly judge a photo, I'm not asking for them to be judged, unlike some people on here who do ask for critique, so don't go bashing other people's work and saying they clearly don't have any photographic knowledge, cause really, I don't give a crap. I just enjoy taking photo's of things I find interesting.

And yes it is in Venice.
    FYI, I only have an old point and shoot digital camera myself, not a DSLR; I never said that I thought your photos aren't good; I'm not judging people's photos on here, unless they're asking for critique; and the comment about dumping wasn't referring just to you and in any case, wasn't meant to be taken in a personal way. All I meant by that was, the thread seems to have moved away a bit from the original point of it, that's all. No more, no less. I thought that in this thread you were meant to look back through all your photos and choose to put in only one or two that are literally the best ones you think you've ever taken. If you then put up lots of photos from one occasion, then it's not quite what I thought the thread was originally for.

ReputationRep:

And yes it is in Venice.
    I only tried to explain why someone possibly could have given you the neg. Also, when you post your pictures, you have to expect comments. Do not tell me you posted your pictures and did not want anyone to praise it - the only reason why we contribute something to the internet is because we want a feedback, prefereably a positive.

I also did not judge about you using a cheap camera, it was rather about ability. Also you seem to have forgotten what I added: "I would not give a neg though and since this thread is about "your best pictures" it is totally okay, if these are really the best pictures he/she has to offer." The first part about judging at a higher level was about why someone could possibly not like the pictures, the second part was all about why I really do not care about the quality of your pictures.

ReputationRep:
    These are the best photographs of ones I took last summer...
    No need to get butt hurt from what people say. Just take stuff on board and be like "haters gonna hate, *****es gonna *****" :afro:

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redcatmoonlight)
    N'oh my God, the second one is so beautiful.

Fabulous work.

ReputationRep:
    Hm these are probably my best, they aren't great though because I am still getting to grips with my SLR

Arachnophobes look away:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redcatmoonlight)
    Wow- the first and the third one are amazing. The second one also is very clever and interesting and also good

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

I want to apply to take photography at uni (im at uni atm but study digital media) but not sure if i have enough skill for it haha

Two pics from today trying a different style out -
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Bam.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

London Riots Aftermath

[/url]
    Random Bird In My Room.

[/url]
    Sunset.

[/url]
    Sunrise - 6am in the morning holy hell.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't choose my "best" because that implies I think I'm a talented photographer so I just posted a few I'm quite happy with
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amycu)
    I didn't choose my "best" because that implies I think I'm a talented photographer so I just posted a few I'm quite happy with
    The work "best" doesn't imply that you are a talented photographer at all? Someones best can still be totally ****! If they were totally **** it wouldn't imply that they are a talented photographer would it?

p.s Nice photos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amycu)
    Gosh, the first one is GREAT! Where did you take that?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.