ReputationRep:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1369964817395.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  43.7 KB
    It was actually taken by my friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some lovely shots in here guys!

Haven't taken many pictures lately because of University deadlines and exams, but I'm almost done so I'll post some new images soon. Here are some I've got in my gallery which I quite like.

Name:  8456719437_60804a7b89_n.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  83.3 KB

A picture taken whilst in Brighton whilst taking my brother and niece for a walk down the promenade. I appreciate it on quite a personal level as they both mean a lot to me so I'm not sure how someone who doesn't know them would view this photo.

Name:  8266319758_5df69ee49a.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  79.2 KB

This is a photograph of the last remaining moss in my back garden this winter just gone by. I feel the vibrancy and contrast between the natural moss and man-made wall is quite striking.

Name:  7886612584_dab16cb167.jpg
Size:  44.6 KB

In all honesty this was just something I took and messed about with in the dark one night because I couldn't sleep. The ambiance of the lamp is quite nice though, turned out better than I had expected it to.

Name:  7886619850_6d7ebe8693.jpg
Size:  99.5 KB

And finally an image I took when visiting Kek Lok Si in Malaysia. Wonderful place.

Shameless plug: If anyone feels like checking out my Flickr they can do so here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rishalraja/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rish7)
    Some lovely shots in here guys!

Haven't taken many pictures lately because of University deadlines and exams, but I'm almost done so I'll post some new images soon. Here are some I've got in my gallery which I quite like.

Name:  8456719437_60804a7b89_n.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  83.3 KB

A picture taken whilst in Brighton whilst taking my brother and niece for a walk down the promenade. I appreciate it on quite a personal level as they both mean a lot to me so I'm not sure how someone who doesn't know them would view this photo.

Name:  8266319758_5df69ee49a.jpg
Size:  79.2 KB

This is a photograph of the last remaining moss in my back garden this winter just gone by. I feel the vibrancy and contrast between the natural moss and man-made wall is quite striking.

Name:  7886612584_dab16cb167.jpg
Size:  44.6 KB

In all honesty this was just something I took and messed about with in the dark one night because I couldn't sleep. The ambiance of the lamp is quite nice though, turned out better than I had expected it to.

Name:  7886619850_6d7ebe8693.jpg
Size:  99.5 KB

And finally an image I took when visiting Kek Lok Si in Malaysia. Wonderful place.

Shameless plug: If anyone feels like checking out my Flickr they can do so here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rishalraja/
    ...:O Can Your Photos get anymore stunning?! (:
    Seriously, could you teach me how you do it? I've always had photography as a hobby, but couldn't quite grasp the skills you've got. (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megantrace)
    Attachment 221434
    Southbank, August 2012. I was originally getting the spinning of the carousel and moving people, but then spotted these two people, watching the carousel and standing fairly still, so focused on them.

Attachment 221438
    South Africa, February 2012. Taken on a visit to a school in the Western Cape which my school is partnered with through the British Council, we attended lessons at the school for a day and this was during a Grade 9 English lesson.

Attachment 221441
    Richmond Park, October 2011. I was photographing the deer against the golden backdrop when I spotted these two lovers, so I got closer to them and used my telephoto lens to get them in shot with the stunning sunset. I'm not all that comfortable with approaching people, but think they would've loved a copy of this.

Attachment 221444
    Taken in June 2011 for my GCSE Media Studies coursework, where we had to devise our own advertising campaigns. I digitally manipulated the photograph in Photoshop CS5 to layer the light leak, then shared my work on Tumblr and Flickr. It was picked up by Coca-Cola themselves in January 2012 and used in an online advertising campaign, which was pretty awesome!
    You're photos are also a stunner! Like how do you go buy getting such detail? (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNameIsTaken :()
    ...:O Can Your Photos get anymore stunning?! (:
    Seriously, could you teach me how you do it? I've always had photography as a hobby, but couldn't quite grasp the skills you've got. (:
    Oh wow! Thank you!

I'll be completely honest and say that it comes with time. So long as you have an eye for what can make a good photograph (subject, composition, angle etc.) you have all the tools you need to take good photographs!

Just grab a camera and explore! There's so much out there, and when/if you dive into the world of macro photography everyday objects become whole new experiences.

If I was to give advice to anyone it would be to practice a lot, get to know your camera and figure out what kind of photography you enjoy the most. Then all you need to do is go out and experiment. It really does come naturally after a while.

You need to be comfortable with your camera, to the point where it becomes an extension of you. Play about with different settings if you have an SLR (aperture/shutter-speeds etc.) and ideas will start to blossom inside your head.

ReputationRep:
    Took a couple of shots on a walk I was quite pleased with today

I did take a couple with flash as well but forgot I had used it at previously used it at full power so it was a bit strong. I think these came out reasonably well without fill flash anyway

(Original post by Viennaberry)

You could improve those tonnes by bouncing the flash. If the flash can't be bounced them diffuse it or use just natural light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seafairy)
    Attachment 217951Secluded tour of the Great Wall, I miss travelling :/
    This is Amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rish7)
    Oh wow! Thank you!

I'll be completely honest and say that it comes with time. So long as you have an eye for what can make a good photograph (subject, composition, angle etc.) you have all the tools you need to take good photographs!

Just grab a camera and explore! There's so much out there, and when/if you dive into the world of macro photography everyday objects become whole new experiences.

If I was to give advice to anyone it would be to practice a lot, get to know your camera and figure out what kind of photography you enjoy the most. Then all you need to do is go out and experiment. It really does come naturally after a while.

You need to be comfortable with your camera, to the point where it becomes an extension of you. Play about with different settings if you have an SLR (aperture/shutter-speeds etc.) and ideas will start to blossom inside your head.
    Thankyou So Much! Seriously Appreciated (:

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou So Much! Seriously Appreciated (:
    No worries

One thing I forgot to mention is take as many photographs as you can. So long as you have a sufficiently large memory card keep snapping away because it's all too easy to miss the moment. A lot of great photographs involve perfect timing, and in all honesty it's near impossible to achieve at will.

So take as many as you can whilst you can, because you can always delete them later but once a moment passes it's gone forever.

Best of luck! Hope to see some images from you soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rish7)
    One thing I forgot to mention is take as many photographs as you can. So long as you have a sufficiently large memory card keep snapping away because it's all too easy to miss the moment. A lot of great photographs involve perfect timing, and in all honesty it's near impossible to achieve at will.

So take as many as you can whilst you can, because you can always delete them later but once a moment passes it's gone forever.
    I disagree partly.

Just 'firing' continuously can be quite impedimental when it comes to developing 'the eye' - rather just take your time, think about composition, the light etc. The 'I can take as many pictures as I want and decide later' mentality makes you not spend a second thought on what you're doing and that you actually shouldn't!

This of cause doesn't apply to certain situations involving moving objects etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    I disagree partly.

Just 'firing' continuously can be quite impedimental when it comes to developing 'the eye' - rather just take your time, think about composition, the light etc. The 'I can take as many pictures as I want and decide later' mentality makes you not spend a second thought on what you're doing and that you actually shouldn't!

This of cause doesn't apply to certain situations involving moving objects etc.
    That's fair enough, I should have said it's more to do with spur of the moment shots for example wildlife. It's far too east to miss a moment and you spend hours ruing a missed opportunity. For the most part I spend a while considering the factors like lighting/angle and then taking a few and choosing from the best of them. I rarely get it right first time.

ReputationRep:
    A set of pics from my last show:

Name:  8907822889_83e826b27a_o.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  62.6 KB
    Name:  8907356387_f68816efce_o.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  38.1 KB
    Name:  8907843069_a47d94c31c_z.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  119.9 KB
    Name:  8907822213_f1bb44ce7c_z.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  78.6 KB
    Name:  8908550538_4606586299_o.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  80.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rish7)
    No worries

Best of luck! Hope to see some images from you soon!
    Thats very true, it took me a while to notice that. I'm more into fantasy photography. I take still photos of for instance romantic elements and edit away (:

ReputationRep:
    Thats very true, it took me a while to notice that. I'm more into fantasy photography. I take still photos of for instance romantic elements and edit away (:
    Sounds interesting! Completely away from my field of interest so it'd be lovely to see some examples! *hint hint*

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly new to DSLR Photography so don't hurt me :^_^: Should I start using Flickr?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMAG0361.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  481.6 KB

Taking a negative photo of a phone taking a negative photo. Not my original idea, but it's quite funky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Alright.
    :lol:

Tapatalk fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roryyb)
    I'm fairly new to DSLR Photography so don't hurt me :^_^: Should I start using Flickr?

Definitely start using Flickr, I've been on there for 3 years and it's really helped me to learn new photography skills, try out new things, and visit new places which I wouldn't have otherwise known about.

ReputationRep:
    You're photos are also a stunner! Like how do you go buy getting such detail? (:
    It took time, time to grasp the skill.

I use a DSLR (Nikon D90 for first three images, Nikon D50 for fourth) alongsid 50mm f/1.8, 18-55mm, 70-300mm and 24-70mm lenses.

Learning things like aperture, shutter speeds and ISO really helped me, and I also shoot in RAW so that the image preserves all the data it captures.

I edit using Adobe Lightroom 3, I don't do much to my images but editing definitely helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megantrace)
    It took time, time to grasp the skill.

I use a DSLR (Nikon D90 for first three images, Nikon D50 for fourth) alongsid 50mm f/1.8, 18-55mm, 70-300mm and 24-70mm lenses.

Learning things like aperture, shutter speeds and ISO really helped me, and I also shoot in RAW so that the image preserves all the data it captures.

I edit using Adobe Lightroom 3, I don't do much to my images but editing definitely helps.
    Thanks for the tips mate! Greatly appreciated

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.