Turn on thread page Beta

Post your best photograph watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

Another from me, Gion in Tokyo (Geisha district). Click to enlarge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob801)
    For fireworks a high ISO is pointless as you'll not get good shots of fireworks unless you have a long exposure time to get light trails (otherwise you'll just have a load of bright spots as your image). Stick to ISO 100 when shooting fireworks as they're bright so don't need high sensitivity, and also ISO 100 will give you best quality photos

Best thing with fireworks is set the focus on infinity and set an aperture of about f/8-11 and you're sorted. All you need to do then is use bulb exposure (preferably with a remote release and your camera on a tripod) and hold the shutter open for the duration of a few explosions.

ps. google should show up plenty of advice on the matter.
    I was trying to think of a way to do without a tripod; to be hones, I wouldn't even bother without a tripod. As far as f/8-11 at ISO 100 without a tripod... I'm thinking no. But I've never tried it to be sure.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well I had it all set up last night and then my moody sister wanted me to move and by that time there was no where else to put my tripod, so I will load them up later today when I have finished my revision, hopefully some out of the 100 that I took will be ok

ReputationRep:
    Drawn towards this one of mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racerman)
    Drawn towards this one of mine
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's a quacker!

Good first post too, welcome

ReputationRep:
    thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    OK so compared to everyone else's mine seem really crap. And they aren't all of interesting things like everyone else's. I like taking photos of my cat OK, she's purdy :o:

Sorry this one has words on it. This was something else I was doing. The photo on its own is really nice, but I can't seem to find the original on my laptop anywhere... must be on my PC...

Spoiler:
    Show

Kitty photos:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Hi again!
    Some nice pictures coming through, well done guys!

I know flowers are kind of not too popular here, but I liked this one,

And here is some moss...

And one of York Minster...Almost like someone is waiting for god to arrive or something...

Not my best but I quite like them nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I like the lines in the last one Chris, was it a crop?

A bird! Quite a random shot, but I think it works.

ReputationRep:
    It was a very minor crop, I am talking maybe a few pixels off each edge... Perhaps 100 pixels, something like that.

Very nice bird, I like how the sky is exposed nicely, showing through the birds tail feathers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris the Mathematician!)
    Hi again!
    Some nice pictures coming through, well done guys!

Not my best but I quite like them nonetheless.
    I really really like the York Minster shot! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)

A bird! Quite a random shot, but I think it works.
    I like this! The contrast between the almost complete silhouette of the bird and the bright blue sky is lovely. But arghh curved corners! I'd prefer square corners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnyRoquentin)
    Because there is nothing inspiring, intelligent or original to be found in anything here. I've posted something more constructive and precise in another thread 'photography habits' or something. Anyway. The content of these photographs is so so mundane, please god, I can't look at another sunset or flower. There is no thought behind anything, has anyone thought about why they're taking this photograph? Why are they showing it to people? What to they want people to gain from it, what influences this? What does it represent? Time? The death of time? Can a photograph ever represent time?
    My god, there is such extensive theory behind photography, yet people do not pay attention, and carry on snapping away at that goddamn sunset.
    Any idiot can be trained to perfect the technical use of a camera, digital or analogue, to get any result they desire. However where is the creativity, thought and intelligence?
    Jesus, get over yourself. I was about to comment on how wonderful some of these photos were. They put a smile on my face when I look at them. I doubt your "extensive theory" would do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    I like this! The contrast between the almost complete silhouette of the bird and the bright blue sky is lovely. But arghh curved corners! I'd prefer square corners.
    It looks better curved :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    It looks better curved :p:
    haha fair enough. Curved edges are just a bit of a pet hate of mine :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ooh these are all prety

ReputationRep:
    Ive just found hundreds of photos on my photobucket. I want to get the camera out again now ;]]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)

A snapshot from Brighton last year. Apologies for the rubbish quality.

I just thought these 2 little guys were cute. And coming from Bournemouth where these monsters regularly steal a plate of chips from unsuspecting tourists, it's not often I think seagulls are cute.
    What have you done with their faces!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    WOAH, I seriously need to get myself a macro lens! Im stuck with a kit 18-55mm and a 55-200mm at the moment on my Canon 400D. Most of my best shots were done on film with either my old (now broken :sigh:) Konica FC-1, More recently on my Pentax MZ-7. I have a really gorgeous one of my friend Emily which I'm in the process of printing in the darkrooms at school atm, I'll put it on as soon as I'm done and can get a good quality digital version. Here are a few digitals from the last month or two since I've had my DSLR.

(A warning for those among you who just CAN'T STAND ANOTHER SUNSET SHOT!)

And a couple of my photoshopped ones (the other ones are just as I took them, I'm a believer in taking as good a photo as you can straight off)

(A bit **** but with some more work it could become acceptable)

And some fun to round it all off!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.