Turn on thread page Beta

Post your best photograph watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Found this one too:

ReputationRep:
    Hey there again. Thanks for all your kind words...damn, a week ago. Sorry for the late reply, been ill Will hopefully have one or two shots soon.
    Wizard - Thanks Unfortunately, that is actually an edited version, it's about 1pm and the sun totally blotted out the background, but if you have any tips on how to properly edit it...? Sorry, I'm still relatively new to editing in general.
    Ghost - You have to go. It looks almost otherworldly in the snow, like you've stepped back into the 1600s...apart from the tourist shops
    get_more - Great shot. I think I know exactly where that is, is it the other side of the castle to the main gate, near the Golden Lane?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgd291190)
    Hey there again. Thanks for all your kind words...damn, a week ago. Sorry for the late reply, been ill Will hopefully have one or two shots soon.
    Wizard - Thanks Unfortunately, that is actually an edited version, it's about 1pm and the sun totally blotted out the background, but if you have any tips on how to properly edit it...? Sorry, I'm still relatively new to editing in general.
    Ghost - You have to go. It looks almost otherworldly in the snow, like you've stepped back into the 1600s...apart from the tourist shops
    get_more - Great shot. I think I know exactly where that is, is it the other side of the castle to the main gate, near the Golden Lane?
    Not sure how you could edit it anymore. I did pick up a good tip in this ipod touch app called the sunny 16 rule

ReputationRep:
    I have to post this as I think this is without a doubt my best portrait so far. The girl is my girlfriend Syafiqua who found me via TSR

ReputationRep:

it's so damn hard to catch them.

ReputationRep:

http://flickr.com/photos/jsynnott/3256322874/

http://flickr.com/photos/jsynnott/3256314702/

ReputationRep:
    Where is that ghost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Where is that ghost?
    Hey Wizard,
    across the road from my house. (Behind an abandoned ice cream factory, would you believe!)

ReputationRep:
    Do you use an ND filter or is it just done in dull conditions?

Fantastic photos though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris the Mathematician!)
    Do you use an ND filter or is it just done in dull conditions?

Fantastic photos though!
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks!
    It was just done in very dull conditions - was in the middle of a blizzard when that was taken. No snow where I was standing as the trees overhead caught most of it.

Just did this shot.. I dont know if I like it or hate it..any comments?

Those are old photographs from my flickr, got them printed by moo for free ages ago.

This photo is surprisingly popular on my flickr and I'm growing to love it...

Taken with a Boots black and white disposable camera.

ReputationRep:
    I may take my camera up to the main road some time over half term, it doesn't have any streetlights and and so could get some good light trails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks!
    It was just done in very dull conditions - was in the middle of a blizzard when that was taken. No snow where I was standing as the trees overhead caught most of it.

Just did this shot.. I dont know if I like it or hate it..any comments?

Those are old photographs from my flickr, got them printed by moo for free ages ago.
    I like it. It has a really sombre mood and makes me think of someone sitting in an armchair in front of a fire, mulling over memories with the photos and a drink. It really seems to tell a story!

ReputationRep:
    Favourite image of the week, taken on Tuesday morning after it had been snowing.

Big album of snow pics here
    http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/w...at%20Tremough/

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Ghost)
    I really like your this waterfall one Ghost

http://flickr.com/photos/jsynnott/3256314702/
    what settings did you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkeneddreams)
    what settings did you use?
    Thanks very much!
    Camera was on manual, f/22 with 3 second shutter. Also used a 2 second timer on it so that it wouldnt wobble after I'd pressed the shutter release. (forgot to bring my IR shutter release).

ReputationRep:
    This is mine:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Mary)
    This is mine:
    Your name is Carlos, and you took that photo in 2004?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Your name is Carlos, and you took that photo in 2004?
    Nope, this picture was taken by one of my father's friends, who works in shipping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Mary)
    Nope, this picture was taken by one of my father's friends, who works in shipping.
    Name of Thread: Post Your Best Photograph

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.