Turn on thread page Beta

Post your best photograph watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    :O My Forest fog photo got featured on BBC News's Northern Ireland's Big Picture!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...111/html/1.stm
    That's quite something. Did you submit them or something or did they find your flickr?

ReputationRep:
    The Berlin Wall.

Wouldn't say my best but I quite like the symbolism.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...
    Went out in a wood today, tried a bit of DoF. Dunno if I like it personally...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colonel_sanders)
    The Berlin Wall.

Wouldn't say my best but I quite like the symbolism.
    I really, really like this!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)
    I really, really like this!!!
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Took this one today at Focus on Imaging at Birmingham N.E.C

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why people feel the need to put their name on all their images. Putting a Copyright sign on an image doesn't actually grant copyright...

ReputationRep:
    I'm back! Haven't been uploading images for last month or so! Heres a few people pictures )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I'm back! Haven't been uploading images for last month or so! Heres a few people pictures )
    Spoiler:
    Show

Love the last one of the kid

ReputationRep:

One shot, no post-process. It came out almost exactly as I wanted it to - it's slightly "wonky" and I will get around to altering that soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racerman)
    Took this one today at Focus on Imaging at Birmingham N.E.C

Did you have fun at Focus? - I was there Monday, but when I got to that stand it was rammed. Awesome shot though!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah I did, it was such a good day, it was Monday that I went also.
    The Andy Rouse seminar was so packed I was outside the booth sticking my head in but was pretty good.
    You have any images from there?
    (if so send me a PM would like to see them)

and in answer to dd1989 I only do it so people are less likely to rob my images seen as i've had it happen in the past.
    Copyright is mine as soon as I press the shutter just not a registered one which just gives independently verifiable evidence of my work.
    As long as I can prove beyond doubt that I took the photo it's not a problem.
    And it is also on there so that people know who to contact to gain permission to use the image.
    Why I have to answer that though I have no Idea...seen as you as a photographer should know this.

ReputationRep:

Just made it to explore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racerman)
    Thanks, yeah I did, it was such a good day, it was Monday that I went also.
    The Andy Rouse seminar was so packed I was outside the booth sticking my head in but was pretty good.
    You have any images from there?
    (if so send me a PM would like to see them)

and in answer to dd1989 I only do it so people are less likely to rob my images seen as i've had it happen in the past.
    Copyright is mine as soon as I press the shutter just not a registered one which just gives independently verifiable evidence of my work.
    As long as I can prove beyond doubt that I took the photo it's not a problem.
    And it is also on there so that people know who to contact to gain permission to use the image.
    Why I have to answer that though I have no Idea...seen as you as a photographer should know this.

The reason I think it's stupid is because if some one wants to steal your images, they will, regardles of the text you write. A lot of images have the focal point within the centre 2/3rds, so the text is easily cropped out.

I also think it detracts too much from the actual photography, as do these borders which people are becoming increasingly obsessive about adding.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the copyright text - I've seen equally as many watermarked images being stolen as I have non-watermarked ones. It's just one of those things that comes with putting your work out there unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    I agree with the copyright text - I've seen equally as many watermarked images being stolen as I have non-watermarked ones. It's just one of those things that comes with putting your work out there unfortunately.
    I think its more that people want to get noticed, kind of in an attempt to get their work recognised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DTR)

Just made it to explore
    Wikid! I love it. Nice and simple

ReputationRep:
    here's my latest!

we went to a swedish ballet
    but the dancers didn't even speak

ReputationRep:
    you guys have some absolutely brilliant photos in here, I could look for hours!!!! x

ReputationRep:
    These are some pictures from my last photography project. The iPod one is taken on a camera phone.

dunno if they'll work.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.