ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)
    Any thoughts?
    Spoiler:
    Show

I like the picture itself - the colors are fantastic and the clarity of the swirls is impressive but I have to admit I'm not a fan of the border - not at all. It looks very 'paint'. Saying that I don't know how else you would frame it because I imagine without that it would look pretty dire. hmm - a tricky one

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its very good in the sense of the colours and such like.
    However I would crop some of the white space at the top off to maybe 1/3 of the picture, then add a simple black border, maybe 2 or 3 pixels wide.

Very good detail though!

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts?
    don't like it. It's too dirty you know, would be better, if you'll throw an apple to clean water
    or use only one color

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by get_more)
    don't like it. It's too dirty you know, would be better, if you'll throw an apple to clean water
    or use only one color
    I tried it with only one colour, and I thought it looked really dull! Different strokes and all that.

I'll change the border :yep:

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    waaaaay too much white space

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Crop and a different border would look good.

ReputationRep:
    It took my absolutely ages to get these shots, the flies kept buzzing away whenever I got close. Eventually tempted them to stay with sugar water, that's how I got it to land on my hand too

Edit: Fully aware I haven't added a border, couldn't be bothered at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Holy moley! What did you use lens/attachment/filter wise?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Is probably my best shot. I don't make a habit of editing my photos simply because the software I've got isn't too good, but once my exams are over and I'm out doing some more photography with my lovely new camera, I have every intention of doing so

PS: The DevArt name in the image's URL is mine

ReputationRep:
    Holy moley! What did you use lens/attachment/filter wise?
    Can't tell who you're talking to since you didn't quote but if it's in regards to the fly pictures it wasn't taken with a digital SLR or anything like that, it was a bog standard fuji finepix Z3 in macro mode :tongue:

I don't think people need lots of expensive equipment for good shots, it's all about patience and perseverance really :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Can't tell who you're talking to since you didn't quote but if it's in regards to the fly pictures it wasn't taken with a digital SLR or anything like that, it was a bog standard fuji finepix Z3 in macro mode :tongue:

I don't think people need lots of expensive equipment for good shots, it's all about patience and perseverance really :yep:
    Eh... I always have my reservations about this sort of comment. Yes, great shots CAN be taken with 'lesser' equipment, but on the whole, this just doesn't hold up to be true. Take your first shot for instance. Though it looks good, the clarity isn't what you'd expect out of a dedicated macro lens and (D)SLR and the bokeh could be beautiful and creamy.

Yes you can take good shots with cheaper equipment, but you'll get much better results with 'better' gear and the same patience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    It took my absolutely ages to get these shots, the flies kept buzzing away whenever I got close. Eventually tempted them to stay with sugar water, that's how I got it to land on my hand too

Edit: Fully aware I haven't added a border, couldn't be bothered at the time.
    That is really really impressive. This thread always makes me jealous.

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of flies:

(Full size Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsynnot...7607137862506/)

Apologies for ISO 1600 - the shot was handheld.

ReputationRep:
    the only reason mine has a border around it is because it was a mock up for when i window mounted it

ReputationRep:
    Quite like how this turned out.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Some of my latest:

Sheffield Sabres American Football

Apologies about the noise, I am still getting my head around shooting at ridiculous isos and noise reduction software. :o:

Durham City Hockey Club

ReputationRep:
    Got myself a nifty old USSR film compact that makes absolutely crazy pictures!

And no, I haven't edited these, they're the exact frames on the film - the camera is prone to randomly double/triple exposing images, but it's also easy to do it on purpose. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inferiormadbeing)
    Some of my latest:

Sheffield Sabres American Football

Apologies about the noise, I am still getting my head around shooting at ridiculous isos and noise reduction software. :o:

Durham City Hockey Club
    Can't see the photos on here, but looking on pbase I was wondering why you had the American Football photos on -2/3 exposure bias? The photos are so dark, surely that wasn't helping?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.