The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Magnanimity
Where can I find this fake lomo tutorial :ninja: I'd be interested to try it out :biggrin:

Here http://www.flickr.com/groups/technique/discuss/12082/

Looks nice, first couple of times do it exactly as it says then after than you can just tweak it how exactly how you want it :biggrin:
Reply 901
TheOneCurlyFry
Here http://www.flickr.com/groups/technique/discuss/12082/

Looks nice, first couple of times do it exactly as it says then after than you can just tweak it how exactly how you want it :biggrin:

Hmmm, gave it a quick go.

Reply 902

holga double exposure 120 film
Reply 903
Ghost

I like that, really crisp and sharp, haven't ever tried macro photography, must try it over the summer hols
Ghost

That's a great photo, I love it. How many tries did it take? :p:
Reply 906
Magnanimity
That's a great photo, I love it. How many tries did it take? :p:

I think I used up around 5 matches haha. Probably took around 40 shots though, kept hitting the remote button again and again to try and get a perfect flame / smoke!
Ghost
I think I used up around 5 matches haha. Probably took around 40 shots though, kept hitting the remote button again and again to try and get a perfect flame / smoke!

Your tutorial is awesome :yy: will definitely be trying it out. I really wish I had the money to get a flashgun. What flash do you have?

On another note, was messing about today with this... Composition could definitely be better but I was in a rush and will improve it. My NEF files always come out really noisy, it's so annoying.

Reply 908
Magnanimity
Your tutorial is awesome :yy: will definitely be trying it out. I really wish I had the money to get a flashgun. What flash do you have?

On another note, was messing about today with this... Composition could definitely be better but I was in a rush and will improve it. My NEF files always come out really noisy, it's so annoying.

Are you manually setting the ISO? I forgot how far Nikons step down, but go to about 80-100, as long as you are using Self timer/tripod you won't get any shake, but the noise will be almost gone.

Auto ISO gets confused in lower light situations, i only ever shoot using it in outdoor, daytime situations.

Okay I see you're using a D80 - it should have almost zero noise, they're quite famed for this!

However. "ISO Speed Ratings = 1600" :O That's the problem!
dd1989
Are you manually setting the ISO? I forgot how far Nikons step down, but go to about 80-100, as long as you are using Self timer/tripod you won't get any shake, but the noise will be almost gone.

Auto ISO gets confused in lower light situations, i only ever shoot using it in outdoor, daytime situations.

Okay I see you're using a D80 - it should have almost zero noise, they're quite famed for this!

However. "ISO Speed Ratings = 1600" :O That's the problem!

It is manually set to 100, and always goes way up when I actually press the shutter. It's really annoying and I don't know how to fix it lol.
Magnanimity
It is manually set to 100, and always goes way up when I actually press the shutter. It's really annoying and I don't know how to fix it lol.

Have you got an option for noise reduction? If you have perhaps take a few shots with it on but with that particular picture, I think the noise adds to the effect
Another camera phone pic lol, edited quite a lot on photoshop but i like it =D Was testing out the macro mode on the camera after discovering its existance lol.

Magnanimity

Sounds like auto-iso is on?
Reply 913
Reply 914
From my compact, couldn't be arsed to get the dSLR out the case.

Taken about 30 mins ago.

All the specs and **** is because I'm taking them through a window that's absolutely manky

The window only tilts (Thanks UNITE...) so I can't even clean it.

dd1989

Spoiler

They are really good, lovely colours
Reply 916
This one is my favourite:

http://wonghamma.deviantart.com/art/summer-in-spring-118982096

for further information, look beneath it
Reply 917
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2990116&l=7770aa4610&id=517805265

One of the best i have taken. What do you guys think?
Reply 919
Just a bit of boredom. This is a macro of an MSN conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending