Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RBranigan)

Stunning!

ReputationRep:

I like that, have you got a high res picture of it?

ReputationRep:

Not edited.

ReputationRep:

This is stunning.

Where is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    This is stunning.

Where is it?
    Thats a tributary leading into Wast Water in the western Lake District. Got quite a lot of photos from there on my portfolio (links in my signature) if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a tributary leading into Wast Water in the western Lake District. Got quite a lot of photos from there on my portfolio (links in my signature) if you're interested.
    I love the photos but have you got any high res ones that I can use on my desktop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I love the photos but have you got any high res ones that I can use on my desktop?
    I hate to sound petty but I don't like sharing high res copies of my work because I sell them :/ I know there's no reason why you would print it off, but its just peace of mind - and spoiling it with a watermark is just a shame.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to sound petty but I don't like sharing high res copies of my work because I sell them :/ I know there's no reason why you would print it off, but its just peace of mind - and spoiling it with a watermark is just a shame.
    Oh right ok fair enough. How much do you get for your photos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Oh right ok fair enough. How much do you get for your photos?
    I just sell them locally, about £25 for an average shot (unframed, unmounted). Im gonna start trying to get them in art cafes/small gallerys in the area if I can before I go off to uni, to make some money while I'm there.

ReputationRep:

Hmmm, it does look very nice, but a little too edited/photoshopped for my liking, especially the stream in the foreground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Hmmm, it does look very nice, but a little too edited/photoshopped for my liking, especially the stream in the foreground.
    If you want to know the editing steps, its three exposures (one for the stream/general, one for the bushes/foreground, one for the sky) manually edited in photoshop into one. The effect on the stream is just the fact it was a 15second exposure (thus you see the movement of the water over time), its not edited in the slightest - I can understand where you're coming from though

ReputationRep:
    If you want to know the editing steps, its three exposures (one for the stream/general, one for the bushes/foreground, one for the sky) manually edited in photoshop into one. The effect on the stream is just the fact it was a 15second exposure (thus you see the movement of the water over time), its not edited in the slightest - I can understand where you're coming from though
    Ah yes, I forgot about exposure time, that makes sense now about the stream. My mistake :o: I do think though that I'd have liked the overall photo even more if it didn't look so edited - but don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be mean :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Ah yes, I forgot about exposure time, that makes sense now about the stream. My mistake :o: I do think though that I'd have liked the overall photo even more if it didn't look so edited - but don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be mean :p:
    Tbh, this is edited more than most of my photos, I understand you though. You should see the original, with it being a storm there is very little colour in the original scene (which is why I needed the three exposures) haha. I might post it in a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the original exposure, as you can see, the majority of detail comes from the +2EV shot, and the colour in the sky comes from the -2EV shot - the colour on the mountains and foreground is boosted because of the haze from the rain.

ReputationRep:
    HDR confuses the hell out of me. I understand it but just can't implement it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weloveclover)
    picnik.com!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weloveclover)
    it generally sucks

ReputationRep:
    HDR does, blending exposures yourself doesnt

ReputationRep:
    I just built myself a home garage gym and decided to take a photo. I hope you like it, because I bent my brand new barbell to get the shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I just built myself a home garage gym and decided to take a photo. I hope you like it, because I bent my brand new barbell to get the shot.

really nice shot! now bench it! :P jk

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.