Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really great on the whole editing front so leave most of my photos as they are. I'm also really feeling the lack of my SLR, these are both just with a little point and shoot on a drive through Tuscany. Wouldn't call them my best, but I like them. Any suggestions with what I can do to .jpg files in Photoshop Elements 2.0 like these to improve the image would be appreciated! (I know I really should have just brought my SLR with me...)

And from a while ago...my cat, the best model ever:

ReputationRep:
    ma best photae? this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    I'm not really great on the whole editing front so leave most of my photos as they are. I'm also really feeling the lack of my SLR, these are both just with a little point and shoot on a drive through Tuscany. Wouldn't call them my best, but I like them. Any suggestions with what I can do to .jpg files in Photoshop Elements 2.0 like these to improve the image would be appreciated! (I know I really should have just brought my SLR with me...)
    Try messing with the levels just moving the black slider to the right the white to the left and do whatever with the middle careful not to do to much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian_lawd)
    ma best photae? this:

Where was this photograph taken?
    The crosses are quite unusual for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike_mike)
    Where was this photograph taken?
    The crosses are quite unusual for me.
    it was taken in the basque country mate, the north of spain.

ah have no idea what the significance of the crosses are yet they are really captivating.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it's my best, but I do quite like this that I took in a graveyard at my girlfriend's church

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Not really much of a photographer but took these on holiday this summer. They're not great but I like them.

and

It's nothing special but I like it, the animal in the background is a dead wildebeast

Could probably improve them with editing but I have no idea how!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This if my favourite:

There was no editting after I took the photo, but I played around with all the settings on my camera until I got something I really liked, so in reality it wasn't quite that orange/red, but it was still very impressive to see it first hand. It was taken on a raft on an oxbow lake in the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest in summer '09.

Not my best, but I still like this:

The light was very awkward - taking the picture almost straight at the setting sun.

Another one I really like:

I think this is Walla Crag (towards the right of the photo) near Keswick in the lake district, and Derwent Water. I could be wrong on the Walla Crag part.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a photographer but here's some of my favourites

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a photographer, but I want to be

Anyway, here is an obligatory semi-pretentious flower slash leaf shot.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Full moon on Mid-autumn Festival. Everyone else was partying, I was freezing my ass off out in the garden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stayce88)
    2 from my latest trip up north

I really like this one!

ReputationRep:

Up north.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I love all of your pictures.

Honestly, more than anything, I'm sick of pretentious idiots who think that unless it's abstract, it isn't art and can't be enjoyed. I took photography as an AS, and unfortunately, my teacher was one of these types, and after a horrible year I no longer enjoy taking pictures. I was no good at it anyway, and it was the wrong course for me, but people like that are just an awful drain.

Spoiler:
    Show

Ignore your old teacher, because I love your pictures. Personally my favourites

ReputationRep:

Just something I took and edited on holiday

ReputationRep:
    My favourites:

Flamborough Head Lighthouse

Flowers at Buckfast Abbey, Devon

Flowers at Dartmouth, Devon

ReputationRep:
    how do you put in photos (stupid question i know, but i just found a pretty nice photo :P )
    and if it counts, i took my avatar picture..

ReputationRep:
    Again, i'm not a photographer but I love this photo I took in Brighton a few years ago.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    its an owrite photo i took i guess

Code:

IMG_0004 by sneakypaparazzi, on Flickr

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.