Turn on thread page Beta

Post your best photograph watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stewart9162)
    Not the easiest to see because of the sheer width of the thing!

That is a lovely photo. Thought it was the one on Wikipedia.

ReputationRep:

This, new year's with the SLR

ReputationRep:

mini prague by Thomas Harrison2009, on Flickr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomH999)

mini prague by Thomas Harrison2009, on Flickr

Our hotel was just to the right of that street!
    Not sure I like the random blurring which you've used to attempt to make the shot look like a tilt shift .

ReputationRep:
    I've been messing about with water droplets lately so I guess I'll post a couple I'm quite happy with!

Got my slave flash and remote shutter release today so figured water droplets was a good way to see how they performed.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what these are called?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Excellent Lewis! Where was this taken?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    They are called Dando I think

you get them from amazing around £30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Oh no, it's Danbo Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBez)
    I basically copied the image onto another layer, and blurred the bottom layer.

Used a mask to delete parts of the top layer, leaving only the car in focus, on top of the new blurred background.

Then I had to use the clone tool to clone some parts out, before applying sharpening on the layer with just the car on.

I hope this makes sense?
    Yeah that does make sense - you must have used Photoshop? I don't have that software - too pricey. But I do have paint shop pro and Photoshop Elements. I haven't noticed any features like you mention - it would take a long time to seperate the layer in PSP.

Any other cheap software that I could use to produce similar edits?

ReputationRep:
    This was taken at a bridge in italy called Ponte milvio, the locks are left by couples as a token of everlasting love you can’t unlock the lock because you throw the key into the river below. So before throwing your key in think about it lol!

ReputationRep:
    Here's my best 3 that I have on here, enjoy
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndySpeed)
    Yeah that does make sense - you must have used Photoshop? I don't have that software - too pricey. But I do have paint shop pro and Photoshop Elements. I haven't noticed any features like you mention - it would take a long time to seperate the layer in PSP.

I have Photoshop Elements, have never tried proper Photoshop but Elements does do the trick for me (I'm just a beginner though!). All the tools mentions are just in the form of little icons

To add new layers, on the right hand side you can right click on the image and select "Duplicate layer", or if you want a completely blank layer then along the top left of the "Layers" box you can select "Create a new layer".

Now I'm not too sure on masking. What what I tend to do is use either "Magnetic lasso tool", "Magic wand" or "Selection Brush tool" which is roughly 6-8 icons down from the top on the far left (assuming you have the same layout as me! I'm not quite sure, I have the default layout though!). With this you can highlight the background and delete so that only one select object is in focus.
    (And to blur the background you can select one of the bottom layers and blur it. You can do this manually or you can use one of the filters which you can select by using the "Filters" drop downs along the top)

The clone tool looks like a stamp, it's the one that's just above the eraser tool.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndySpeed)

GET GIMP IT'S FREE. I must have said this 100+ times on this forum

for macs click on the 'show other downloads' link under all the language options
    http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weloveclover)
    GET GIMP IT'S FREE. I must have said this 100+ times on this forum

for macs click on the 'show other downloads' link under all the language options
    http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
    I use GIMP with my tablet. Not bad at all.
    My Adobe PS got expired and im not good at cracking it.

ReputationRep:
    Here are a couple... More on my website, (plug!)

All taken on the Canon EOS 500D... 18-55mm & Tamron 70-300 (The crap one, getting a new one delivered soon!)

Spoiler:
    Show

HDR Toner CS5
    1/200 sec
    f/10
    36 mm
    200 ISO
    Canon EOS 500D

1/800 sec
    f/5.6
    55 mm
    100 ISO
    Canon EOS 500D

HDR Toner CS5
    1/800 sec
    f/3.5
    18 mm
    100 ISO
    Canon EOS 500D

This one isnt anything special..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBez)
    Excellent Lewis! Where was this taken?
    Thank you.

It was taken in West Wittering, near Chichester last Summer. Hoping to return back this year.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.