Reply 1960
Original post by ReddDraggon

:coma: looks amazing!
a couple of flowery ones :P

a kitty cat

in namibia and i love the colours

you can click for larger if you like
Reply 1962

Had a go at street photography while in Venice, have only gone through about a tenth of the photos I took, but those two so far have taken my interest, really quite like them for some reason.

More on my Flickr www.flickr.com/willkail
Original post by WillKail

Had a go at street photography while in Venice, have only gone through about a tenth of the photos I took, but those two so far have taken my interest, really quite like them for some reason.

More on my Flickr www.flickr.com/willkail

I said it before and I'll say it again. Your photos are great WillKail! :smile: :rolleyes: :cool:
These are some favourites :h:

Some random dude in Manchester today:

Street by redddraggon, on Flickr
Brighton Beach.jpg

Photo from last year at Brighton beach :smile:
(needs editing though!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by petzneo

(needs editing though!)

That picture needs no editing-it's incredibly beautiful! 4* :smile:
Original post by ReddDraggon
Some random dude in Manchester today:

Street by redddraggon, on Flickr

How do you get it so that the subject (i.e. the random dude) is really clear and sharp in the foreground and the background street scene is all blurry fuzzy and out of focus? I have always wanted to do that but I dont know how. :colondollar: :rolleyes: :smile:

The double neg was for no reason. I am asking a legimate question.

hahaha- WHAT THE HELL- 3 months and 15 days on from this post and still getting negged- some people! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1969
Original post by JAZZA007
How do you get it so that the subject (i.e. the random dude) is really clear and sharp in the foreground and the background street scene is all blurry fuzzy and out of focus? I have always wanted to do that but I dont know how. :colondollar: :rolleyes: :smile:

The neg was for no reason. I am asking a legimate question.

Someone negged you quite unnecessarily!

You need a camera with good aperture, or at least one that lets you change the aperture (as far as I know, and I may well be wrong).

Anyways, some cameras (maybe a lot of them) will have an 'Av' mode on them, which I *think* is Aperture Priority, and also if your camera lets you manually focus then choose that, with your aperture as high as your camera lets it go (the smaller the f number the higher the aperture). Focus on your subject, play around with the focus till it focuses on what you want it to and that should do it. You might need a lens for this if your camera is one that fits lenses.

I've made it sound a little confusing!

Also I read that although a lot of high end compacts etc might have good aperture on it, it often only works in macro mode when you're focussing on a small subject, therefore not for portraits etc :\ but I'm not sure how accurate this is..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1970
I was quite proud of this one.
I'd forgotten about this thread!

Here are some pictures I took today :smile:

Spoiler

Uh okay, whoever negged this: What the hell?!
(edited 13 years ago)

Woodsy by redddraggon, on Flickr
Original post by JAZZA007

The neg was for no reason. I am asking a legimate question.

That picture was taken with a 17-55mm F/2.8 - F/2.8 is the aperture, and the smaller the number the wider the aperture will be, and the depth of field will be smaller, meaning the background will be blurry.

The picture I posted above was take with a 50mm F/1.4, so the aperture was even bigger so the background was even more out of focus.

Unfortunately, most compact camera have apertures of F/2.8 and smaller, and have smaller sensors so that they need shorter focal lengths to get the same field of view as an SLR, which in turn makes the Depth of field bigger, so the background is less blurry.
Original post by petzneo

(needs editing though!)

The sky looks so nice and warm. I also love the sea, which reminds me when I was a child :smile:
My best photograph? Oh thats a tricky one, it covers so my different genres and I don't have a favourite either. I'll post my most popular..

(edited 13 years ago)

on a very cold day
Don't know why someone negged you so take a + rep. your probably not bothered, but I am. lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending