favourite subject?

favourite meal?

favourite composer?
Clara Bow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Noooo, I didn5 realise frozen closed on broadway! That's so sad, but like you said, at least it's on west end now. Mind you, I don't have the money to go anyway - it's so sad - do you know Katherine Steele? I watch her youtube videos, and she has been to so many musicals, I feel like such and bad fan for seeing so few, but I just cant afford it.
The shadowhunters series keeps the characters pretty accurate (unlike pjo - I cant wait for the Disney plus series, I'm just so scared that it'll be bad again - but Rick's working on it so it should be great), but mixes up the plots a bit. It wasn't so much that I didnt enjoy it, and lots of the stuff stays the same. So not as accurate as Harry Potter or hunger games, but more accurate than pjo.
Yes definitely read six of Crows! It's so amazing, the author has other books too that I haven't read yet but need to get to.
Oh yeah, I forgot about supercarlinbrothers burned and my sister watch them together as a kind of tradition - Harry Potter and disney, what's not to like?
Yeah, I also read the noughts and crosses series - they were good, but I think the first was the best and they just got worse with each book. Malorie blackman also wrote for the newest doctor who season, right? I didnt think the new doctor was that great, don't know if it was the actress or the writing but I stopped watching her after a few episodes.
I haven't seen many of the series you've said - I've seen a bit of miraculous and Brooklyn 99 - I do actually really like Brooklyn 99. I haven't even heard of elite.
I AM THE ONE THING IN LIFE I CAN CONTROLLL!!!
Sorry.
A Levels in peace, haha. I wish. But you're right, I've been thinking I could take a gap year to work on whatever I decide to do (that was meant to be my lockdown goal - getting better at writing and singing/dancing - but turns out motivation is hard to come by).
I never thought of that as a glee reference, but now you've said it, I'll always see it as one too! It was just because I didn't know what else to call it.
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Clara Bow
haha same too broke to afford to go to broadway/west end unless its a school trip
yeah I know the youtuber katherine steele , do you know amy lovatt, I think one of the benefits of living in new york is seeing off broadway and broadway shows all the time since its in dollars its also cheaper than the british pound
you are not a bad fan - we have a secret stash of slime tutorials under our belts
in the most sarcastic way possible :the sad reality of capitalism elitism classism
yes respect the source material shadowhunters !!!!!!!! genuinely hoping the disney series of pjo turns out well
wait have you been watching the supercarlinbrothers recent livestreams where they play kahoot with everyone and moldemort, white squirrel and cho 'hawt lips' chang (really hate jk rowling trying to be all like I'm so progressive and inclusive), the supercarlinbrother fanbase is huge they have dreamworks disney marvel pixar and harry potter
OMG same I watch them with my two younger sisters - unfortunately I have the pressure of being the eldest
I think she wrote a bit, my favourite doctor was david tenement
LIFE DOESN'T DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN THE SINNERS AND THE SAINTS
(don't you love when you're just causally singing wait for it but then you randomly start singing wait for me)
I have honestly found lockdown to be a weird time like one minute I am so productive and waking up and sleeping with a schedule in place and other times I do nothing and the day ends
you are welcome lol

feel free to change the topic as many times as you want from your first thingy "Music, Books, Musical theatre, How much GCSEs sucked, Movies, How much families suck, How much friends (or lack thereof) suck, Venting at each other, Life choices. Religion?? Idk I got limited creativity in discussion points - I don't even know what I'd say about it tbh, TV shows? - specifically Merlin (does anyone else still love that show?), friends, miranda, sherlock, Any other **** you feel like" that we haven't even covered ....yet
Clara Bow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hiya! Sorry it took me so long to get back, I've had some wifi issues and its complicated but yeah.

I do know amy lovatt! I watch her videos sometimes, she's great. I agree, but aren't broadway shows more dollars than west end shows are pounds? Idk. It must be great to be closer to west end or broadway - one reason why I'd love to go to uni in london.

I'm actually really behind on supercarlinbrothers videos, I've been trying to catch up on them, so I haven't seen their livestreams - yeah, it's so annoying that J k Rowling has so little diversity- that's something I look for in books, and one reason why pjo is so good (and also six of Crows - I cant stop talking about it haha it's so good - also its meant to be getting a netflix series, so I might try and get a netflix free trial to see it). Ivenever actually seen a marvel movie I don't think? I've seen spiderman, if that's marvel, but that's it, so I don't watch supercarlinbrothers vids on marvel- I really want to watch marvel stuff though, indeed to get on that. I only started watching dr who with Peter capaldi really, I loved him.

IT TAKES AND IT TAKES AND IT TAKES!

(If that isn't the most theatre kid sentence I've heard...)

I've just slipped from being really productive at the start of lockdown to having no schedule or anything. It's such a mess.

Ooh, ok, erm - what kind of music are you into? My go-to artist at the moment is Passenger - I've loved him for years and years, but his songs just get better the more I listen to them.
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
AND WE KEEP LIVING ANYWAY

nah its fine, dw too much about it

oh yeah - america uses dollars and we use pounds lol, either way too broke to see them
us to london and new york : 😍😍😍😍😍😍

hahaha you're just like me, its my sister who is so obsessed with marvel and cried throughout all of endgame, I've only just started watching the infinity saga only after seeing spiderman far from home in cinemas last year (oh god saying that makes me realise how long ago it actually was)

everything's been made into a movie or tv series now, not that I'm complaining unless they drastically change it

OMG peter capaldi !!!!!! he was a good doctor

try these instead lol - when someone asks you what time is it and you are torn between the actual time on your watch/clock on the wall , answering summertime or answering showtime
when someone says what's your name +/- man and how do you answer : alexander hamilton, regina george, elder price
when someone mention trump and wall and you think of shrek and hades

that was an accurate summary of lockdown

I agree with passenger (though he isn't my go to), my go to right now is lady gaga and taylor swift - taylor swift probably cause she plays guitar and piano and I also play those two instruments plus ukulele and trumpet

(sorry for putting pressure on you to change the topic lol we don't have to)
Clara Bow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
WE RISE AND WE FALL AND WE BREAK AND WE MAKE OUR MISTAKES!
Tickets to get the train to london is too much money by itself - and flying to New York is just impossible. I know someone who went there for a holiday with her family and saw moulin rouge - so lucky (I've actually heard the music from it but I'm sure lots great).
I really want to see more marvel - maybe when I get a free trial of Disney plus (to watch hamilton - I'm very into free trials if you hadn't noticed, Disney is so stingy just giving you a week though when netflix has a month) I'll also watch some marvel. Also, going to the cinema? I cant wait to see in the heights, preferably in cinema, and the live action mulan. Mulan is one of my favourite Disney films, along with Tangled and Princess and the Frog.
Yeah, movie/tv series adaptations really scare me even though they're exciting, because I don't want them to mess up. I don't want my image of the books to be affected by a rubbish film, you know?
Oh my god, I love all these options. I actually got my sisters singing "hello" from the book of mormon around the house because I was singing it constantly at one point - my theatre obsession annoys them just ever so slightly.

Over lockdown I started playing the ukulele! I am now trying to learn guitar too, coz I feel like it's easier once you can play ukulele. I honestly don't know much lads gaga music- I know bad romance obviously, and I probably know a few others that I cant think of right now. I used to listen to Taylor's first couple of albums back when I was younger - you know, the country ones like fearless and her first album. I like the songs from lover that I've listened to, but I've kinda skipped the albums in the middle, I want to listen to more of her stuff, she seems like such a cool person. Have you listened to ben plath's album, sing to me instead? It's so good, I just love his voice, and it has such a sweet and safe, homey feel to it.
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
AND IF THERE'S A REASON I'M BY HER SIDE WHEN SO MANY HAVE TRIED
can I be friends with that person lol, one of my sister friends was supposed to see 6 musicals this summer but corona happened so nah haha
have you seen moulin rouge (2001) movie which is the original as the musical came afterwards its inspired/a retelling of the Orpheus and Eurydice myth to modern music, hmmm...sound familiar *wink wink nudge nudge*, I live for the aesthetic I ugly cry at the ending every single time

sorry didn't reply as fast I normally do but I was obsessively bringing back my Hamilton self by watching every interview , re-watching the trailer and re-listening to the soundtrack
OMG the film is so pretty like its the definition of perfection

I'm not saying Disney is a gold digger but they're a gold digger by owning pretty much every company
yep I've noticed its one of my favourite traits of yours x
you also have good taste in Disney princesses :cool: (gonna be honest that I didn't like Mulan but that's cause my parents told me all the inaccuracies and how it changed from the version they heard as kids and the overlap of Asian fashion)
I think I kinda you kinda you know - yes I know that feeling, we're really on the edge of glory of a good adaption or on a highway to hell to a mess

somehow made my sisters into theatre geeks/thespians as well so we all have a designated Schuyler sister where I am Angelica then the middle one is Eliza and youngest is Peggy which can annoy the middle one as her favourite colour is yellow - our main goal is to educate our parents by annoying them
one thing that I cannot believe is the same people who wrote 2 parody musicals (avenue Q + book of mormon) wrote hit smash frozen which I like to call the disneyified version of wicked haha, there are too many similarities between wicked and frozen for it to be a concidence much like the similarities of black panther - a classic marvel movie which I love- and the lion king haha

oooo interesting - I went the opposite way to you from guitar to ukulele and what you said is very true, *psst here's a secret if you can make the triangle shape for G major chord and G7 chord you can find it easy to play a D major chord on the guitar*
I love lady gaga in A star is born with Bradley cooper it is a chef's kiss
the best way to experience taylor's reputation album is through her netflix reputation tour movie where they filmed the entire tour in Texas
my favourite albums are Speak Now and 1989 cause you I'm a hopeless romantic who likes colours from the pink purple blue range and pastels , then its reputation and lover and fearless and sorry debut you're my least favourite TS album but I like you a lot more than some certain music

how does Ben Platt hold that much emotion in his voice like is it even possible ???!!!???? YES that how you accurately describe his voice through sweetness, safety , homely and smooth lets not forget his roots - his entire family is involved in the Broadway business and he was so 'I could befriend your character irl ' in pitch perfect
Clara Bow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
THEN IM WILLING TO WAIT FOR IT!
Wow, so lucky! I don't even see one a year...
I haven't seen the movie, it sounds so good though.
Yesss I wat had the movie yesterday with my family and they were all like "what is even going on here?" So I have plans to rewatch it until they all get the plot. It's weird, I'd listened to the soundtrack that I could understand all the rap, and they just couldn't catch what people were saying. And same with the interviews - I love seeing the cast interact with each other, they seem like such good friends and such a fun cast.
Yeah, I think with a lot of disney movies in the past they didnt necessarily present different cultures accurately, that does annoy me, but I love the character of Mulan.
Oh my god, that thing with your sisters is the coolest thing ever! My favourite colour is yellow, and I'm the youngest sister so that works so well. I have three sisters though, so maybe one would be Maria, haha.
I've never thought about the similarities between wicked and frozen, but that's so true. With Elsa as elphaba and anna as glinda. Though theres no fierro...
Yeah, and with guitar and ukulele it's not just having the same finger patterns for chords, but just having more agility to move your fingers quickly and stuff from having already practiced it on another instrument. I really want to learn the piano too - I used to have lessons, for about six years or something, but I was never any good and I stopped years ago so it would take some relearning. I wish I could play an instrument really well.
I need to get on that with Taylor swift. I find it so cool that she has so many different styles in her albums, i just have have no time to listen to them? I don't know, even with quarantine I feel so busy and like I have so much I need to do.
Ben Platt is too talented, I swear - even in the cast recording of Dear Evan Hansen you can hear the emotion, which isn't always true for musicals, normally the emotion is much more clear live. I loved him in Pitch Perfect too - I live that hes just there for comedy for most of the movie, then comes out at the end with an amazing solo and voice. Also- have you seen him singing It's A Bad Idea with Sarah Bareilles? Godly
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'M WILLING TO WAIT FOR IT

you should definitely spare some time this summer to see the moulin rouge movie with ewan mcgregor and nicole kidman

when we sing Schuyler sisters all three of us sing aaron burr's part so your "extra sister" can be burr (no offense to who that is), I managed to get my parents interested in it because it is american history so they found it educational and my dad likes jazz music so thoroughly enjoyed room where it happened and what did I miss

I have rewatched Hamilton a lot since it came out

hot take : maybe its just me but I find broadway actors more genuine and more likable then movie actors

fieyro could be that character who is a mixture of both hans and kristoff lol

haha just realised I could become your piano, guitar and ukulele teacher
you don't need to play an instrument well (grade 8 distinction , diploma pass that is high) and for your CV/make application "stronger" - you should be doing it because you enjoy it

the live tours : speak now, 1989, reputation do all the albums justice !!!!!!!!
you have 6 weeks to catch up to my my my lover [I love the way she sings this line, somehow she can sing in italics and in cursive]

YES - Sara Bareilles - that was in the god tier of 'covers', have you heard and seen sara bareilles and josh groban together

I found a nice podcast full of musicals , that you could listen to, it is called Musical Splaining
bunnyrabbit2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why are you calling yourself a loser? Just because you don't like to socialize with people for no reason? That doesn't make you a loser.
Clara Bow
Rep:
?
I'll try and see the moulin rouge movie when I get a chance, that sounds awesome.
Haha, yes, I love it. "Burr, you disgust me"
Oh my God, I never used these weird green emoji face things on the student room - they're so creepy!
I love room where it happens and what did I miss so much too - Daveed Diggs just kills it in what did I miss, I wish I had his energy. Hes just so good in the whole thing- the contrast between laff and jefferson is so cool.
I wish I could just watch hamilton all day tbh. Do you know any other good stuff on Disney plus? I think the into the woods movie is on there, right?
I think often Broadway actors get less fame and money and stuff unless the show gets really big so they are often more humble and themselves than film stars who have been Hollywood-ified.
I love fieyro so much - I feel like hes more like a hand but not evil, you know? Kristoff is more awkward and less sociable. By the way, in frozen 2 - did you think the kristoff/anna storyline was really annoying and unnessecary? With her being a bit too over the top in not understanding him.
I used to have piano lessons, and I learned flute too until two years ago but I sucked at it. I just think it would be really fun to play instruments and be able to write songs and stuff. Idk.
I do love the song lover. And the other songs on that album that I've heard - the man, paper rings, soon you'll get better, it's nice to have a friend - are so good.
Yes, they're so good. I just want to be every one of these talented writers and performers - specifically the ones that both wrote and perform like please can I have their talent??
Ooh, where can I find said podcast? I have the podbean app but cant find it on there...
Clara Bow
Rep:
?
(Original post by bunnyrabbit2)
Why are you calling yourself a loser? Just because you don't like to socialize with people for no reason? That doesn't make you a loser.
No, but really I'm a loser. Trust me on that, haha. A messy, alone loser
Moonbow
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Clara Bow)
No, but really I'm a loser. Trust me on that, haha. A messy, alone loser
Not alone anymore :hugs:
MY FATHER WAS A BRINSTONE(wth πŸ˜†) TEACHER TEACHER TEACHER TEACHER...
Libbyc16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
all my friends left me when i came out to them so be my friend pls
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm here because I'm a loser too :party:

(Original post by Libbyc16)
all my friends left me when i came out to them so be my friend pls
Aww you don't need those trash friends anyways :nah:
Libbyc16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
i do be needing them back tho
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
i do be needing them back tho
Why? Is there no one else you can be with?
Libbyc16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
there is not
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
there is not
Aww what year are you in?

Also can you quote me so I know when you respond to me :gthumb:
Libbyc16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
Aww what year are you in?

Also can you quote me so I know when you respond to me :gthumb:
year 12
wby
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (6)
12.77%
A mix of in-person and online options (8)
17.02%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (27)
57.45%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (6)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise