Ren105
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm only doing about 3 hours of revision a week for Maths, Science, History, I.T, and Computing all together (Don't revise english because i'm confident enough to get a pass without revising much) and i was wondering if that would be enough from now to year 11 when i take my GCSE's. It's hard to revise properly when i have alot of things distracting me while home; the online work being set is crap and i've lost alot of motivation to revise more. Can i keep doing this and chill or do i need to hurry my ass up and revise more.
Hafsah.subhani02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
When are your gcse exams ? For mine I only started revising properly in the April holidays. Before that I was gradually doing all the last papers etc. Look at mark schemes. Use maths made easy. Or machemguy. Focus on sciences. Look at quotes for English. Make flash cards and stick them on your wall. But don’t revise too early on because you will just forget it all
kerrisbailey03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It depends on how much youve revised and you in general. I only did revision that we were made to do in lesson and i did better than i expected. i knew i was going to pass everything even tho im stupid as hell but i ended up getting even higher. i got a 7 in math even tho i didnt revise literally at all. so it rlly just depend on you and how you retain info and your memory and stuff. i think u dont need to start revising at all until the start of year 11 so if i were u id just competely forget about school till then lol
Ren105
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hafsah.subhani02)
When are your gcse exams ? For mine I only started revising properly in the April holidays. Before that I was gradually doing all the last papers etc. Look at mark schemes. Use maths made easy. Or machemguy. Focus on sciences. Look at quotes for English. Make flash cards and stick them on your wall. But don’t revise too early on because you will just forget it all
I don't actually know when my exams are, corona messed up everything and my school still hasn't announced when they'll be taking place, but my guess will be whenever it usually starts, i still haven't done my Mocks aswell.
Ren105
Rep:
?
(Original post by kerrisbailey03)
It depends on how much youve revised and you in general. I only did revision that we were made to do in lesson and i did better than i expected. i knew i was going to pass everything even tho im stupid as hell but i ended up getting even higher. i got a 7 in math even tho i didnt revise literally at all. so it rlly just depend on you and how you retain info and your memory and stuff. i think u dont need to start revising at all until the start of year 11 so if i were u id just competely forget about school till then lol
i don't really revise too often but i do alright in tests, enough to pass atleast and that's all i need. I'll take your advice and worry about revision in the future and not now, it's not like i enjoy revising anyway lol.
BlueBazooka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ren105)
I don't actually know when my exams are, corona messed up everything and my school still hasn't announced when they'll be taking place, but my guess will be whenever it usually starts, i still haven't done my Mocks aswell.
Your GCSEs will be held in June and July as normal - corona will have settled down by then, and even if it hasn't, they can't afford to let another year of students not do their exams (this year was an exception that almost certainly won't be repeated). Mock dates vary between schools, i would expect them around January though. In other words, you have plenty of time. Hope this helps.
Ren105
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueBazooka)
Your GCSEs will be held in June and July as normal - corona will have settled down by then, and even if it hasn't, they can't afford to let another year of students not do their exams (this year was an exception that almost certainly won't be repeated). Mock dates vary between schools, i would expect them around January though. In other words, you have plenty of time. Hope this helps.
Cheers mate, was wondering when my exams were and now i finally know, much appreciated!
BlueBazooka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ren105)
Cheers mate, was wondering when my exams were and now i finally know, much appreciated!
No problem, just be sure to confirm when your mocks actually are as they may be before or after the Christmas holidays. Good luck in your exams anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads